Chapter 50: Training Ground 3

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

Back up arrived later than they expected, Tsunade along with Yamato ran into the forest and met up with Kakashi, Iruka and Naruto who was still on his knees, his head buried in his arms on the ground sobbing angrily. Tsunade in one glance understood the students devastated expressions on their face. Yamato ran to Kakashi and asked him what happened.
"She surrendered herself." Yamato looked at him surprised.
"Surrender? Senpai what are you talking about?"
"She gave herself up because they threatened to kill Isamu." Kakashi closed his eyes.
"We were so close but we're too late. They already went into the portal."
Iruka stood up and sat beside Naruto stroking his back.
"I can't believe it. We we're too late." Sakura said.
"Take the students and bring them to the hospital. Have them checked and questioned. Shizune, have the others put out the fire and search the area for any stragglers." Tsunade ordered.
"Yes Lady Tsunade."
"Sakura. Escort Naruto to the hospital. I'll stay around and look." Sakura nodded and rushed to Naruto helping him stand.
"I couldn't get her." Naruto said.
"Naruto. There was nothing you could do." Sakura said. He sniffed and wiped his face with his sleeves.

When they had reached the house Sakura looked at Naruto. "You should get your stuff. This place will be shut down for inspection tomorrow." She waited for Naruto's reply but it never came. He walked up the stairs. "Ill go inform the others." Sakura gave wan last look at Naruto before proceeding to the spare room with a broken door.
"Is this everyone?" Sakura asked.
"Yeah its everyone in class 1A and 1B." Vlad said.
"Everyone but (y/n) and Bakugou." Kirishima said bitterly.
"Kiri." Mina silently scolded.
Sakura sighed remembering her friend. "I know its been a rough night but the Hokage wants you all to pack and head out to the hospital where we can treat your wounds. As for tomorrow, this place will be on lockdown for further inspections and you will be questioned by the Hokage." She clapped her hands "Now let's get packing."
Quietly, the students went out heading to their rooms.
"Sakura. Is it true?" Kazunari asked a worried frown formed on his lips. Sakura looked at him apologetically. "Yeah. She left with the so called Villains and the Akatsuki." Kazunari's looked to the ground conflicted. He grinded his teeth out of anger.
"Kazunari what is it?"
He looked at Sakura frowning. "What i did, was it the right thing to do?"
Sakura looked at him confused.
"What?"
"What if i did let them go? Maybe they had a fighting chance. Maybe we'd have them here. (y/n) would be here."
"What? No. Kazunari, if you let them go, more of them could have gotten hurt. We're lucky no one died today considering the Akatsuki was around. The only major injury we've had is that student with green hair who has a lot of broken bones." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Don't beat yourself up okay? You protected them and thats what matters. (Y/n) made her decision to leave with them to protect her friends. Im sure she's counting on us to rescue her."
He sighed. "You're right."
"The only thing we can do now is pray she can be strong while we find them as soon as possible." Kazunari looked up at Sakura smiling.
"I feel much better. Thanks." Sakura gave a small smile.
"No problem."

The students and teachers gathered outside waiting patiently for the last bunch of students to join them. Out the door came Omi, Juza and Banri carrying bags of three students while escorting them to the group. They placed the bags on the ground and looked at Sakura who was with team 10.
"Wheres Naruto?" Sakura asked Shikamaru.
"Kakashi's got him."
"Oh i see." Her voice somewhat disappointed.
"That's the last of the herd." Banri said.
Sakura nodded and faced the students. "Its gonna be a bit of a long walk but please bare with us." Sakura said starting to walk leading the group. Team 10 looked ahead,frowning, but their eyes were clearly distracted. Shikamaru's eyebrows had been knitted together, Ino tried to look strong on the outside but she's not fooling anyone. Choji, his worried face was more visible and readable than the rest. None of them spoke about what happened. Not even Neito who loved to ask questions. No one made a comment, not a peep.