Chapter 59: Pain

-----YOUR POV-----

I watched Shikamaru light Asuma sensei's cigarette that stayed up weakly between his blood stained lips.
The smoke rose to the sky carried by the wind bringing up an old memory. I held a miniature wooden statue of a hawk between my fingers twirling it lightly.
"So this is the new addition?"
Asuma asked lighting a cigarette. "Yeah. She can be a handful but she listens." Kakashi turned to me. "Hi. Im (y/n) Uzumaki. Its nice to meet you." I said bowing, smiling at Asuma.
He chuckled amusingly.
"Wow so formal. Are you sure this one's the trouble maker?" He turned to Kakashi.
"Oh trust me she is."
Asuma bent down and looked at me. "You're so short. Are you sure you're a genin?" He teased. I looked at him offensively.

(I found this and i just couldn't help myself.)

"Of course im a genin!" I yelled at him

"Of course im a genin!" I yelled at him. He laughed and placed his hand on my head. "Lighten up. I was just joking." And even though his smile was inviting i could see right through it. I looked at the three students that were with him and at Kakashi sensei. Their looks confirmed my suspicion.

"Liar."

I pushed his hand off my head and looked at him with a glare. "You're only saying it. You're only acting like it. Just like everyone else. I may be a genin but im not blind!" He placed the cigarette back on his lips and huffed it to his side. I couldn't help but cough. The smoke was more intense since he was right in front of me.
"You're right." He sighed. "I dont like it but my old man wanted me to look after you."
"No!" I closed my eyes and yelled at him. I could feel my heart pounding. "What i hate the most, are the people who welcome you with a fake smile and act like Mr. Goody two shoes because someone told them to! I hate those people! I hate you!" I opened my eyes, stared at him balling my fist glaring harshly. He jumped back and reached for his pouch. I felt a hand pull me by my shoulder.
"Enough." I looked at Kakashi who just stared back. I sighed and looked at the Hawk statue on my palm. I closed my hand and shrugged Kakashi's hand away.
"Don't come near me." I jumped up on the roof and ran away from there. I spent the day back at home.

I wanted to go to Iruka-sensei but he was busy teaching. I doubt the Hokage would be free today as well so i went on a stroll around the village. Parts where there were hardly any people. I met to someone by the bridge. He comforted me and talked to me until his older brothers came looking for him, sadly. After that i just went home. I sighed and unlocked the door. Stepping into the quiet home me and my brother shared.
"Im home." I called out unenthusiastically knowing full well that no one would answer. I sighed and closed the door behind me. I took off my sandals and my jacket. Sometimes i wondered what it felt like coming home with the TV and the lights on. A vibrant atmosphere with fresh home cooking in the air. Or someone greeting back a "welcome home" or something. But then again something like that happening out of nowhere would be creepy.

"You're home early." I looked at towards the kitchen and Lord Hokage was sitting on the chair. "Even Naruto comes home later when he's upset. What brings you back here so early in the afternoon?" He looked at me.
"I just didn't want to be around people today. I dont like the way they look at me." I looked down and remembered the miniature hawk and twirled it. He stood up from his seat and walked towards me.
"What is it you're holding?" I opened my hand and handed it to him.
"Its miniature hawk. Sasuke gave it to me earlier." He observed the figurine and placed it back on my hand. Then walked to the living room and just observed the surroundings
"So what brings you here Lord Hokage?" He hummed questioning me.
"I mean you've already gave Naruto the expenses for this months payment. So why did you come here? I-if you don't mind me asking." He nodded and pointed at the pillow on the carpet as if asking for permission. I nodded. He grunted as he sat down and placed his elbows on the table and looked at me.
"Its about your new team. Asuma Sarutobi's team 10. You were supposed to be with them today."
"I don't like him."
"(Y/n) you cant just give up on your team just because you dont like them."
"Why cant i just be on Kakashi's team?" I complained. "They've already known me. I've trained with them too!"
"Because we cant have both you and Naruto in the same team."
"What?! Why not?!"
"Because our duty is to make you stronger. You're already strong with Naruto. Think about what happens if Naruto gets cornered? You wont be able to do anything because you're solely focused on Naruto after that you'll lose focus and ultimately fail your mission. Same to say other way around. You two are much too dependent on eachother. So splitting you two was the only way to make you stronger." I looked away annoyed. "Come on. Sit with me." He pointed at the pillow across him. I walked over to the pillow and sat on it. I looked at the statue in my hand.
"What happened?"
"He's a liar." I said frowning at the table. "He came to me and acted all friendly. He had me for a second but the way those other kids and Kakashi looked at him.. I knew he was just putting up an act and all because someone told him to. I hate him." I looked at him. "Can i ask a question?"
"Go ahead.." he nodded.
"You may have raised us and gave us every thing we needed but are you afraid of us? Or do you just feel bad for us?" I looked at him sternly. "Me and Naruto." When he didn't answer i talked again. "I maybe a genin. Its true i still have things to learn about but im not stupid. I am not incapable of doing and understanding things myself."
"I want you to understand. I raised you two. So im not afraid."
"Or is this a punishment for the destruction that happened?" His eyebrows furrowed and stood up and walked towards the door.
"This has never been my intention-"
"Then why didn't you just kill us?" I sobbed. I realized i raised my voice so i quickly apologized.
"I didn't mean to raise my voice. Im sorry. I also didn't mean what i said. Im greatfull for everything you gave us Lord Hokage. Im sorry." I said looking down on my hands. I heard footsteps along with a cane coming closer.
He placed a hand on my head and patted it. He didn't say anything. He waited for me to finish crying. After that he said. "I'll go talk to Asuma. Just give him one more chance. Okay?" I looked at him and nodded.
"I will." He approached the door "And if you really dont like it. I'll look for a different team."
"Im sorry."
"Don't be." He paused. Then opened the door. I watched him step out. He turned to me and said. "I'll drop by when i can. Well I'll be off now. Take care." He closed the door.