Chapter 61: Safe And Sound

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

They watched as she weakly walked towards Asuma. It wasn't until she fell down they snapped out of their minds. Momo was first to move.
"(Y/n)-" she called out but she was stopped by Isamu. She looked down at the boy. Isamu didn't say anything instead he continued watching her as she crawled and clawed her way through the debris. The sun rose on the field marking the end of the catastrophe that had happened here.

She made it beside Asuma's body and laid there. The ninjas walked towards their comrade while the students followed closely. Yamato picked her up but her had refused to let go of Asuma's sleeve.
"I'll get it." Ino said. She bent down and gently opened her finger releasing the fabric. Shikamaru stood beside Ino. He took her arm that hang loosely and placed it in her abdomen. Yamato faced Choji. "Choji." Realizing what he meant Choji rushed to Yamato taking her from him.
"You hold on to her for the time being. I will have to talk to the heroes and  then we'll be on our way back to Konoha."
"Yes sir." Choji said.
"Izumo. Kotetsu. I'll trust you with Asuma's body. We will bury him in Konoha." He glanced down at Asuma's body and frowned. Marching soldiers along with heroes stopped and looked at them. Tsukauchi, All Might and Endeavor stepped forward.
"Midoriya-shounen?" All might gasped in disbelief.
"Shoto?" Endeavor said as well.
The helicopter flew nearer and nearer. Shikamaru glared at it not wanting any unwanted company he turned to Yamato. Yamato looked at Ino and nodded. Ino made a hand gestures and aimed at the helicopter soon enough the helicopter made a u-turn and flew away.

After Ino returned they walked to where the heroes were. Tsukauchi ushered them in a vehicle with the heroes and had driven them to an office used by the police and heroes, leaving the soldiers to search the area for any stragglers. Before they could start (y/n) was placed on a bed in the corner of the room while Ino took care of her, wrapping her with bandages. Separating them was curtain that hung from the ceiling. Shikamaru and Yamato were the ones who confronted them telling everything during the battle. Bakugou was the one who told them what had happened while they were captives. It was up to the head and chief along with UA's principal, Nezu to decide wether or not they'll allow the children to go back to Konoha to answer for their mistakes and speak with the Hokage to ensure the village's safety. Ultimately they had agreed, much to the displeasure of others. Because the students broke the rules and went on ahead to save their friends lives they had to say in longer.

"Let me go with them." All might said.
"Are you crazy?" Endeavor said.
"With Endeavor being the number 1 hero the city can be safe. Atleast this time I'll be there as an extra eye keeping watch over them. As i should have from the beginning." Nezu smiled and nodded. "Alright. I will allow All Might to go with them to Konoha."
"But.-" a guy said.
"As Konoha's ally we would have to show cooperation especially in a time like this. We cant jeopardize that, especially not after what had just happened. Not only for Musutafu and UA but for (y/n)'s sake as well." Nezu said.
"What does she have to do with this?" Endeavor asked.
"Surely you know by now. The reason she left Konoha. Am i right Yamato?" He looked towards the jonin. Yamato sighed. "Yes. I know."
Shikamaru rubbed his neck and looked up sighing. "I knew this day would come."
"Um. Yamato-sensei?" Ino asked from the side.
"Yes?" He asked giving her his attention.
"I need to perform an emergency surgery on (y/n)." She bluntly said. She turned to the officers and bowed. "Please let me use some of your gloves, an apron and a mask."
"We can call an ambulance." They responded.
"No time. There's a string that latched itself on (y/n)'s heart." Ino said, Shikamaru's eyes widened.
"It must have been from the Akatsuki member who wore a mask. While defending Bakugou and Midoriya she pushed them out of the way and was snagged by this man. When i carried her away she pulled out a hand full of those strings from her chest. It looks like it really went in deep." Shikamaru said in thought.
"Thats right." Ino said. "We dont know if this thing is lethal. Its safer if we take it out now." She looked at the officers.
"Are you able to do it?" They asked
She smiled. "I assure you i am well trained." One of the officers stood up she walked to Ino and helped her with everything she needed.
"Sorry to disrupt. But what about (y/n)?" Midoriya spoke
"Yeah what is it Shikamaru?" Choji asked his friend. Shikamaru grunted and looked away.
"She feels as if though she is not accepted by the very hometown she lived in. Am i correct?" Nezu asked.
"Yes." Yamato looked down sadly.
"Feeling suffocated she left. To escape and be somewhere where no one knew her and the beast that dwelled within her. She came to Musutafu, to UA looking for release. A chance to breathe." He turned to the students and ninjas who sat in the room. "Now what do you think happens when she returns back to UA?"
"With all the media around they have most probably found out about (y/n) and the Kyuubi." Shikamaru answered.
"That's right. Now im not saying she shouldn't come back here. In fact, i wish she would stay in UA for a little while longer if she so wishes. Its her reaction im worried about. The people here will likely react to her in same manner as the villagers back in Konoha. As a teacher i cannot let her leave just yet. Its a teacher's duty to ensure their student's safety and boost their knowledge. One does not simply give up on their student just because things get tough, there will be a time where we have to be strong and let them fend for themselves. She is but an unpolished gem. I see great potential in her."
"So what you're saying is.." Kirishima said trailing off.
"If she returns and hear their comments. There might be a chance she'll decide to run away again. Im afraid that we wont be able to stop her from leaving." He looked out the window. "She is a great example of what a hero should be. Given, mistakes have been made but its nothing we cant correct her on. I can tell. She is a valuable asset not only in Konoha but here in Musutafu as well. That is.." he trialed off looking at them again. "If she decides not to run away." Nezu sighed. "Anywho.. i hope the five of you learned your lesson." He turned to the students. They looked down guilt written on their faces.
"I have talked with the police and because you're faces were never seen in camera. Your presence here has been erased. You never left Konoha. You never helped the ninjas." The students looked at their principal in relief, smiling gleefully. He was bombarded with a series of 'thank yous' and 'sorrys'. He looked at them and smiled. "Yes. Yes. However." He raised his paw up. "As punishment. I have sent a letter to Konoha's Hokage stating that you five will undergo a disciplinary sentence under the watchful eye of the Hokage. She will discipline you however she sees fit." The students looked down accepting their fate.
"Yes principal Nezu." They said.
He turned to Endeavors seeking approval for the decision. Endeavor looked at Nezu then to Shoto who was fixated on the ground. "Alright. Shoto can go."
"Best to put back your disguises before you leave. Take them off when you've reached to the outer woods but dont discard it anywhere bring it to Konoha and dispose of that there." Now he turned to Bakugou. "As for you. I will have to personally call your parents so they know you're in safe hands but you can't go home just yet. The Hokage back in Konoha has a series of questions for you to answer. As not to repeat what had happen. You will comeback home along with your classmates."
"Yeah." Bakugou said looking at the ground. His tone was softer than usual. He couldn't get it out of his head. What happened to All Might, to (y/n). It was eating him up inside.  Nezu nodded and walked to the ninjas frowning, he bowed. "My condolences. I might have not known him for long but he was a fine man."
They thanked Nezu and he excused himself. Three other people came in and had a brief conversation with Nezu.
"Shikamaru. Choji." That voice was all to familiar with the two. They turned their heads.
"Dad?"
"Shikaku-san!" Choji exclaimed. (Idk what choji calls his dad..)
He had two scars on the right side of his face and just like his son he has dark hair tied up to a spikey ponytail.
Shikaku looked around.
"Wheres Ino?"
"Performing a surgery on (y/n)." Yamato said offering his hand to him. Shikaku shook his hand and thanked Yamato.
"Thank you for saving my son and his friends."
"No problem at all."
Shikaku noticed a fully bandaged body on a stretcher at the corner of the room. He already knew within himself the identity of the body. He walked towards the body and placed a hand on its head giving a silent prayer.