Chapter 129: Provisional Training

-----YOUR POV-----

I woke up but outside wasn't as bright as i thought it would be. I reached for my phone and turned it on to take a peek at the time.

'5:49'

Isn't it too early for me to be up? Why do i feel so awake though? And didn't i sleep late last night? I yawned and sat up stretching my hands upwards. I smiled then turned to Gray who was curled by the foot of my bed. I gently pushed the sheets away and slipped on my slippers heading for the door. Maybe i should cook for the class.. Just classic breakfast? I quietly closed the door and walked downstairs thinking of what to cook. I may have 20 classmates and 22 mouths to feed but i feel like i can cook for a feast.

I chuckled at my thoughts. Well, if i want to cook for that many i should start now.

I went to the kitchen and put on the apron that hung on the wall. I put on some music and placed it on shuffle. So cooking!  Rice, Miso.. Uh.. Rolled omelet some vegetables for side dishes.. then fish for main. I started taking out the ingredients out of the fridge. 
"Isn't that a bit too much?" I snapped my head to Gray startled at his unannounced arrival.
"When the hell did you get here?!"
"Just now." He looked at me with a questioning look. I stared at him.. Sometimes he really needs a bell.. Doesn't his collar have a bell? Nevermind i'll check that soon.
"Uh. Im cooking for the class."
"What's the occasion?" 
"I don't know. I feel energized today.. And happy. I feel happy." I gave him a smile and went back to cooking. 
"Do you remember anything yesterday?"
"Yeah. We came home after the event. I won champion with Yuri then i went ice skating with Shoto." He hummed so i looked at him.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Nothing else?" I became quiet trying to think.
"Is it about Eren?" I placed the fish by the sink and wiped my hands walking towards my phone to see the messages. Nothing.. "Huh. Nothing." I thought again putting my phone back. "Maybe the gifts that Yuri said? I forgot to put them up in out room, didn't i?" i laughed at my memory. "I'll put them up after im done here after all i still have to shower of school." I said continuing to cook. 

I hummed to the tune and swayed nodding to the beat through every song.

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

Gray stared at her cooking in the kitchen. If that's the only thing she remembered then she doesn't know about yesterday. He stood up and walked towards the couch laying on it. The quiet sounds of food sizzling on a hot pan. The smell of seasonings. The smell of cooked rice. Then the soft music playing in the background and the occasional hum and singing coming from (y/n) created an ambiance making the cat drift to sleep.

An hour went passed since she started and she was almost done with cooking. Her classmate, Iida who usually wakes up earlier than anyone of his classmates was now standing looking at the kitchen. He took off his glasses and wiped it clean before putting it back on his face. It was (y/n) back to her old self. He walked to the kitchen and looked in. 
"Oh! Morning Tenya." She flashed him a smiled and poured the deep fried tofu in the soup.

(Im choosy with tofu but overall i don't like it...)

"You're awake early." Iida said.
"Yeah i couldn't go back sleep so i decided to cook instead."
"What time did you wake up?"
"5.. Almost 6." 
"Ah. I see." He scanned the kitchen and saw the she was cooking a lot of food. "Isn't that too much for you to eat?"
She giggled. "Funny Tenya. I won't be the only one who'll eat these. Its our breakfast for today. I made plenty for the whole class." She smiled.
"Let me help you then." He offered.
"Im almost done Tenya. No need." 
"I insist. I can't let you do all the work." Iida smiled.
She hummed and placed her hands on her hips. "Do you even know your way around the kitchen?"
"..no." Iida said admittingly.
"Exactly." She continued stirring the miso.
"But i can learn. Just teach me." He smiled proudly.
"Fine but first put on an apron and wash your hands." She pointed at the extra apron on the wall.