Chapter 76: Shikamaru Nara

-----YOUR POV-----

I managed to drag Naruto in doing the dishes but in the end he used his shadow clones, no surprise there. So we were done in no time. I can only imagine, it must look like a mess from the outside. A wild herd of Narutos furiously scrubbing the table, fixing the chairs, sweeping the floor just everywhere. Then one girl on the sink washing the dishes. I laughed at the picture in mind.
"Here." I handed the wet plate to Naruto beside me so he could dry it.
"So what's your plan tomorrow?" He asked.
"Training. I'll be training a lot before i go back to Musutafu." I said.
"You'll master that jutsu in no time!" He praised.
"Oh be like that. It took the 4th Hokage years to perfect and who knows how long it took the 2nd Hokage." I said.
"You'll be fine. It took you months to perfect the rasengan. That alone took him fourth years! You're talented ya know!"
"You really think so?"
"Think so? Sis, i know so." He smiled brightly. His smile never failed to out one on mine. Well, as long as i have my brother cheering me on. That's good enough for me.

.

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

"Hey, sorry to drop by at this hour. Is (y/n) here?" The voice ran in her ear.
"Yeah she's in the kitchen. Oh please, come in." Midoriya said. (Y/n) drained the water and washed away the soap bubbles leaving the last bit of cleaning to Naruto.
"Oh there's no need i just need to talk to her."
"Ill go get her for you." Midoriya leaned on the doorway and signed (y/n) to come over. She grabbed a towel to dry her hands and walked over to Midoriya who was by the door frame. She looked over to the front door.
"Shikamaru. What brings you over?"

His eyes.

She knew that look all too well.

Determined.

Confident.

He has a plan.

"Can we talk outside?"

She smiled, nodding her head as she folded the towel putting it on a table nearby. "Of course."
She walked out and closed the door behind her.
"So we're doing it?" She said perking up.

.

-----

.

Midoriya was left there unsure of that he just witnessed. They were planning something and he knew it deep down. His eyes widened at (y/n)'s last words before she closed the door.

"So we're doing it?"

They were up to something but what? Midoriya stared at the floor as a shiver went down his spine.
"Midoriya. What are you doing standing here?" Iida asked adjusting his eyeglasses.
"Shikamaru was just by the door. He wanted to talk to (y/n)."
"Ah. I see." He looked at the door then back to Midoriya. "Well then, thats no reason to just be standing here."
"That's not it Iida." He looked at the door where he knew very well that (y/n) and Shikamaru were still at. "I have a bad feeling about this talk."

.

"So you think they're planning to leave?" Kirishima asked Midoriya who was sitting on his bed. After the talk Iida and Midoriya had they called Todoroki, Kirishima and Momo for a meeting.
"But why us? Can't we tell this to Aizawa Sensei?" Momo asked.
"Because we're still not sure if thats what their planning on." Midoriya said.
"If we are to inform Aizawa Sensei we'd at least make sure the news is accurate." Iida said adjusting his glasses.
"I couldn't make out what they were talking about." Midoriya said in a sigh.
"You were eavesdropping?" Todoroki asked bluntly.
"Its not what you think i swear!!" Midoriya said in a panic.
"Wow Midoriya I didn't think you were that type of person." Kirishima said making Midoriya feel even more guilty.
"Now now. This is not the time to pick on one another. (Y/n) could be planning a dangerous move here." Iida scolded turning their attention back on the situation.
"So you think their planning to go after those people who killed their sensei?" Todoroki asked.
"That could very well be the case." Iida said in a sigh.
Momo worriedly answered back.
"But we just got her back from them!"
"Now she wants to go after them?" Kirishima said in a conflicted tone.
"That's why we have to do something. We cant juat sit around." Midoriya said.
"What can we do?" Todoroki asked.
"She's a ninja here. If she is planning this with her fellow comrades, i highly doubt anyone of them will help us." Iida concluded.
"We have to inform Aizawa Sensei about this." Momo said.
"We will but without proof?" Kirishima asked.
"We dont need one! He'll listen to us." Momo said sounding a bit off. "Right?"
"We are still being punished for our actions and now we're doing it again! Who knows what they have in store for us nextime." Iida said his voice raising.
"There's no point in going after them either. They're too fast and we'll only get in the way." Todoroki said.
The argument was starting to boil. One person throwing in a statement only for it to be questioned by another. Their getting frustrated by the second. Each of them wanting to get their point across. Not once did they ask the question: 'why are we fighting?'.

Was it because they were afraid of (y/n) getting hurt?

Or maybe they're afraid that something bad could happen to her, that she'll transform again?

Or what if it goes band and they end up failing the mission? Taking (y/n) im the process.

Or maybe, they're afraid that the mission goes too well and she'll end up taking a life?

"We'll just have to keep an eye on her." Midoriya said. Their argument was brought to an abrupt halt when the dark green haired boy spoke. Their eyes stared at him in curiosity.
"We could delay her but im not so sure that would work. After all she was born and raised here, she knows this place better than any of us, she can leave us in the dust and bolt outta here." He looked up at them. "Yaoyarozu is right. We have to inform Aizawa Sensei. That way we have an extra pair of eyes. If we cant stop her, the teachers might."
"But we cant go up to him based on a hunch." Kirishima said.
"Still. We have to try." Midoriya said.

.

-----YOUR POV-----

"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked.
"I was born ready." I sat at the edge of the porch tucking my legs trying to keep myself warm in the cold night's breeze.
"But what about your training?"
"I know. I haven't mastered it actually i just started but i simply cannot let this go by. Asuma-sensei's will of fire has been passed down to us." I clenched my hands and looked at it. "Now that we finally have a reason. Im going to take it."
"Figured you'd say that." He let out an amused hum. "So, we're going with the plan."
"Yeah. Lets find them and knock those suckers down." I said getting fired up.
"For Asuma-sensei." He said smiling.
"For Asuma-sensei." I said back.