Chapter 182: Bittersweet Vacation

-----YOUR POV-----

"You have got to be kidding." I said in disbelief.

"Lord Gamamaru works in strange ways but he has never been wrong yet. Im sure he has his reasons." Fukusaku-sama said.

"I get that but I can't even train? I mean come on!"

"Im sorry but Lord Gamamaru said."

"Naruto." I looked to my brother for help but he was fixated on the ground eyes furrowed deep in thought.

"I don't like it either." He trailed off.

"Then come with me?" I asked hopeful. "All might invited us to go on a vacation and see something we never had."

"That sounds awesome it really does. But you said it yourself, we gotta be prepared to take on Sasuke and make out master proud. If that old toad says im on the right path then im staying. You have to go on find it. We'll catch up soon, okay?"

What did i say? When he has set his mind to something there's no point to even try and stop him.

"Hey don't look at me like that." Naruto placed both his hands on my shoulder.

"I just hoped i could have spent my week off with you." I trailed off. He gave me a bittersweet smile amd pulled me in for a hug. He turned to Fukusaku.

"We'll be going in for now." He excused and lightly pushed me to walk towards the dorm.

He held the door open. I walked inside and sat on the couch.
Im the supposed to be chosen for something great?
Okay.
They have to be all mysterious and weird about it?
Sure.
Or maybe send me off on a nameless quest with no directions and ask me to put my life on the line for faith.
Alright. I can live with that.
But cutting my time off with my brother? The only family i have? The only person i had when i had nothing?

What. The. Absolute. Fuck?

He crouched in front his eyes looking up at mine.

"I get that you're upset..."

"Upset doesn't sum it up."

"Alright... Im sorry." I wiped my tears and looked away. His apologetic look lessened my anger. I uncrossed my arms and looked down at my twiddling fingers.

"Im just a bit homesick, thats all.. i miss hanging out with team 10. Tenten, Sakura, Hinata.." i looked up at him feeling my tears coming up again. "And i miss you. I miss goofing around and spending time with you. You're my brother Naruto...but lately I haven't been home... We both have been so busy doing what we have to do and now that we were given a chance for a week off i thought i could finally spend time with my big brother..." My lips quivered, i tried to muffle out the sobs but, no avail. "I just wish we could hang out like we used to..."

He pulled me in and we shared a hug.

"I miss my big brother..."

"You know i miss you too." He pulled away and pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear. "But you said it yourself. Sasuke is out there and he's planning something. Last time we went up against him we got beaten up pretty bad. I don't want that to happen again so that's why we have to continue training to get stronger. To be able to finally defeat sasuke and bring him back home. Im still working on mine so you have to go out and find yours then somewhere along the lines we'll catch up. Let's see just how strong we got. Hmm?" He smiled. "Who ever loses has to treat the winner. How about that?"

Last time?... Yeah we did get beaten up. I was in a coma after that poison. Naruto lost a lot of blood too... Giant snakes, Gamabunta, Orochimaru then the sound five. If that didn't seem like an invasion I don't know what is. For Orochimaru and Sasuke to be present like that, they must have been really desperate to achieve something but they didn't, thanks to the others and Master Jiraiya.