Chapter 72: Shikamaru in Pursuit!

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

"This is such a drag." Shikamaru sighed. "Why did it have to be today? He could be anywhere in the village by now."
"My insects aren't getting anything." Shino said.
"What about you Kiba?" Shikamaru asked.
"Were still looking." He said. Shikamaru sighed.
They were all looking for the culprit and any signs of (y/n)'s clothes.
"Well we cant give up now." Tenten said.
"What about Lee?! That bowl head eyebrows is going to pay!" Ino said full on rage.
"Dropping in on us like that. I bet you he was peeping from the very beginning!" Sakura said.
"Im telling you Sakura. It wasn't Lee's intention to do it. It may just seemed like it." Naruto defended.
"Ohh yeah? Defending your fellow pervert huh Naruto!" Sakura walked closer.
"After all you're the one with a record for peeping!" Then so did Ino.
"Ha? Wait!!" Naruto waved his arms and took as step back. Ino and Sakura grabbed his collar and began threatening him.
"Please stop fighting. If we continue on like this we'll never find the culprit." Hinata said. The two girls listened and let go of Naruto making him sigh in relief.
"We're still not done Naruto." They said in unison then walked away. Naruto turned to Hinata smiling thanking her. "Thanks a lot Hinata you saved my butt out there." He smiled brightly. To which Hinata blushed profusely.
"I-its n-nothing Naruto.." she shyly said, tripping in her own words.

"You guys!!" Uraraka yelled. With her was Momo, Asui and Hagakure. They ran towards the group, panting.
"Thank goodness we found you!" Momo said.
"Oh its you guys?" Naruto said once he finally realized who they were. "What brings you all the way here?" Choji asked.
"(Y/n) sent us. Ribbit." Asui said.
"(Y/n)? Why? Is she okay?" Naruto asked worriedly.
"She's fine." Shikamaru reassured.
"She locked herself in the bathhouse bathroom." Uraraka said.
"What?!" Tenten exclaimed.
"we offered to help her so here we are now." Hagakure said.
"Well go on then spit it out." Kiba said. "Actually (y/n) asked up if we could borrow the key to your apartment and fetch her some clothes." Momo said talking to Naruto.
"What? Thats it?" Naruto sighed and reached into his pocket.
"Yeah sorry if we caused you any trouble. Ribbit." Asui said.
"Its just that she was so upset she punched the wall." Uraraka said.
"Looks like shes joining our search." Shikamaru smiled.
"Here ya go. Make sure (y/n) holds on to my key." Naruto said handing the key.
"We will!" They said bowing.

Bark! BARK! BARK!

Akamaru barked loudly. Getting everyone's attention. Akamaru growled at a man. They all snapped their head to Akamaru and the man. In his hands was a neatly folded cloth.
Naruto examined the cloth meanwhile Akamaru and Kiba took a step closer. "Hey thats my sister's!" Naruto said. The man was startled then shakily he looked at the group of pursuers.
"Is that so huh?" Kiba said with a low growl bearing his teeth.
"You're so dead you got that?!" Ino said while Sakura laughed cracking her finger joints. Tenten took out two of her scrolls and the rest of the boys? Well lets just say, if looks could kill. The man shrieked, hugged the clothes and sprinted off to the other direction.
"Hold it right there!!" Kiba yelled. The group ran after chasing the man leaving Naruto and Uraraka with her friends. "Ah! I have to go! Just make sure she keep hold of that key!" Naruto said running after them.

"Keep at it boy!" Kiba encouraged. Akamaru responded with a bark. The giant dog leaped to tackle the man. Panicked he tucked down and ran into a different route.
"What he dodged Akamaru's attack?" Kiba said surprised.
"He's getting away!" Shino said spreading his insects. The man in a blazing panic dashed out of the insects way. "Close. But you won't gat away this time." Shino said confidently. A swarm of insects rushed to the man but he pulled out something that crushed Shino's heart and spirit.
"NOO!" Shino yelled but he didn't stop. He prayed insecticide on Shino's insects dropping them like flies. Shino retreated his insect and bent down beside the ones on the floor.
"My insects.. that monster!" He said dramatically.
"Dont worry Shino. We'll get him!" Hinata said worriedly to her teammate.
"Avenge me.." Shino said.
"We got it buddy!" Kiba said.
They ran leaving a depressed Shino.