Chapter 126

"I promise that when you triumph, you will always be the marshal of the Chifeng Army."

  "If you really treat me as your younger brother, you should know that I care about Qingqing the most and will not let Lu Jingquan use the child to force me, let alone trick me into the imperial capital of cannibalism."

  Mo Xie didn't look back, and he and Fu San walked through the long corridor and opened the door of the old emperor's bedroom.

  When Mo Xie and Fu San disappeared from the door, He Lan clearly failed to stop them from going to find the old emperor, but the look on Xiao Ran's face was wiped away, and he sat back down as if he had won a victory.

  He sighed softly into the air: "Old Qi, I gave you a choice, but you don't want it."

  Counting that the time was almost up, He Lan opened the door of the old emperor's bedroom with graceful steps.

  The bed covered with brocade quilt was empty, not even the shadow of the old emperor.

  Beside one side of the wall, He Yan fell to the ground. Half of his clothes were stripped off, leaving only the simplest inner clothes. There was a dagger stuck in the back of his heart. His breathing and heartbeat had completely stopped.

  His eyes moved to the side, and there was another He Yan standing there.

  He Yangang, who was standing, wiped off the blood with his handkerchief. He threw the handkerchief aside and began to wear the outer clothes belonging to the imperial family.

  Seeing this scene, He Lan couldn't help laughing. He praised He Yan who was standing: "Fu San, you did a good job."

  As early as many years ago, He Lan sent Fu San, his confidant who spent a lot of effort to cultivate, to the northwest fiefdom, and used a bitter trick to get close to He Yan, which became the deepest nail he planted in He Yan's side.

  In order to seize the position, He Lan made hundreds of plans, and one of the optional moves was to let Fu San replace He Yan.

  Fu San originally looked similar to He Yan, and he had studied He Yan's words and deeds for many years. Even his words and sentences were imitated exactly the same. With a little makeup, he could not be discovered by the Chi Feng Army as long as he moved quickly.

  He Lan prepared a medicine specifically designed to destroy He Yan's mental power. Half of it was in the incense he gave He Yan and half was in the perfume Fu San sprayed.

  He also prepared the antidote for Fu San in advance.

  If He Yan discovers any clues, he will return to the northwest fief for treatment, and it will take three months to recover.

  The old emperor may take away his financial power at any time, He Yan may counterattack at any time, and he has no time.

  He looked for an opportunity to poison the old emperor, tricked He Yan into the palace, and asked Fu San to kill He Yan.

  He Yan didn't know how to take precautions, and his mental strength was damaged. He would only die if he was suddenly attacked.

  He Lan told Fu San: "The old emperor can't live for more than a few days after the poison has penetrated his bones. The warship has been prepared for you. You know what to do. When the matter is completed, you will be in whatever position He Yan is now."

  Fu San: "Leave it to me."

  He Lan: "Go ahead and move quickly."

  A few hours later, late at night, He Lan, who finally had a good sleep, was woken up from her sleep by Lu Jingquan.