Chapter 89

Yu Shengwei was a little confused when he heard it: "Wait a minute, what's that resentment about?"

  "Because they betrayed the 'God of Fortune'," Mo Xie sighed. "From a purely technical point of view, this plan is well laid out. I have not found any concrete evidence yet, only speculation. Do you want to listen to it?"

  Yu Sheng nodded slightly.

  Mo Xie explained.

  "I suspect that a few years ago something came to the village under the guise of a god of good fortune. He made exchanges with the villagers and allowed the villagers to live a good life. The price was that the villagers had to provide sacrifices to him.

  "The word 'sacrifice' becomes extremely ominous when it comes to human life. The sacrifice required by the God of Fortune is very harsh, such as a corpse full of hostility. Rage can be used to complete evil spells in this world, and evil spirits The things are also in line with the style of the God of Fortune asking for 'sacrifice'.

  "The folk customs in this backward place are uncivilized, and they are capable of doing all kinds of unscrupulous things. In order to 'produce' the sacrifices that the God of Fortune wants, Jiada Village needs to select a person first, and then subject him to brutal torture. In this way, after his death, he will satisfy the requirements of the God of Fortune.

  "Animosity mostly comes from dead people, while resentment mostly comes from living people. During the process of being tortured, sacrifices generate resentment.

  "Jiada Village has a sparse population. Just like they illegally trade women to give birth in the mountains, they go to the outside world to trick and abduct innocent victims. Maybe the God of Fortune will send people specially for them to torture.

  "And innocent people will be more resentful and violent."

  Yu Sheng asked slightly: "But if this is the case, why will the plants in Jiada Village wither?"

  Mo Xie found out the population movement record of Jiada Village and showed it to Yu Shengwei: "Because they betrayed the God of Fortune."

  Jiada Village has begun to take off in recent years. In the blink of an eye, every household in the closed and backward small village has built a small building, purchased modern furniture, and can afford motorcycles and cars.

  Abducting women to work as laborers and give birth to children requires a whole village to keep an eye on them at all times, but torturing the victims only requires them to be chained and locked up.

  The villagers make so much money, and the scenery of Jiada Village is also good after the renovation. They have never thought of developing a tertiary industry. Let alone hotels and guest houses, the institutions in the village have no place for outsiders to stay. They also want to protect the secrets of the village's sacrifices.

  They may have been grateful for this business, but now that they have made more money, they have come into contact with new and novel big cities. Perhaps they yearn for the prosperity of big cities, perhaps civilization makes them realize that they are human beings, or perhaps they have something in their hearts. Unable to bear it, many young people began to venture outside.

  This year alone, sixteen young workers have gone out, including ten women and six men. Women are more likely to be soft-hearted than men and can barely be used as evidence that they torture their victims.

  More people ran away, fewer people stayed in the village, and fewer people understood the law and broke it. The God of Fortune could not get enough sacrifices, so he abandoned Jiada Village.