dessert (poly)

desc: you're in a poly relationship with dom and adam and it's your birthday so the two of them take you out to a surprise birthday dinner at one of your favourite places and spoil you as their treat. (i haven't tried to write poly before so hopefully this is good!)

"are you nearly done?" adam called. "c'mon hurry up! i want to go!" dom called. adam laughed a little under his breath. "patient, it's her birthday not yours" he said, still laughing to himself. "this is a bit over the top isn't it?" dom said.

"no, it's for her" adam said. "oh come on, you've got to be nearly done, we bought you the outfit!" dom said again. "all you've got to do is your hair" dom said. "and her makeup" adam whispered under his breath.

"and makeup!" dom responded. "c'mon, or we're gonna be late for the reservation" he said as he rested against the stair banister. "dom you know she's going to take as long as she wants" adam said and dom knew that was true.

"i'm sitting down then" he said, sitting down on the floor. "so dramatic" adam said, rolling his eyes. "i just don't want to stand for another half hour!" dom said, a little defensively. "c'mon dom" adam said before being cut off.

"i know, they'll look amazing by the end of it, it's their birthday, it's their dinner, i know all the logic by now" he said. "i just don't like waiting" he added. "play a game on your phone or something, don't you have angry birds still on there?" adam asked.

"i've probably had it an uncomfortably long time" dom said. "well there you go then" adam said before the bathroom door opened and you stepped out. as dom had said, you looked amazing in the outfit.

you had a short black dress on with knee high heels, your hair done in curls and red lipstick on. "you look amazing!" adam said as he held out his arms. you hugged him as you kissed his cheek. "thank you baby" he said.

"hey no stealing all the kisses!" dom said, fake pouting. "there's enough to go around" you said as you kissed his cheek in turn. "i hope you like the outfit" adam said. "it's gorgeous" you smiled as you looked at the two of them.

"we picked something we thought you'd like and be comfortable in" adam said. "and something i'd like taking off later" dom added quickly, causing all 3 of you to laugh. "clearly the most important criteria" adam laughed.

"all jokes aside you do look beautiful" adam said. "i'd wait for you to see you all dolled up like this" he said. "she looks good all the time you know?" adam said. "what he said" you added as you laughed.

"i know, but you know i've got a thing for formal stuff on her" dom said. "that's true" adam said. "can i ask something?" you said. "yeah of course what's up?" dom asked. "where are we going?" you asked.

"we can't tell you that, that's part of the surprise, but we promise you'll love it" dom said as he began to put his coat on. "we'll give you your gifts once we're there, that place does the best fooking desserts!" dom said.

"the burgers aren't that bad either" adam said. "don't spoil it" dom said, shushing him. you all got downstairs and you pulled your coat on before adam grabbed his keys as you headed to the car.

you sat backseat with adam driving and dom shotgun. you drove a few miles to the fancy diner downtown. you all went in and got the usual look of someone wondering what the relationship was between the three of you were.

it was always "who's the third wheel?" as no-one thought it was a polyamory relationship. well there was one time someone thought dom and adam were your brothers and that was extremely embarrassing.

  you all got sat down and you began going through the menu. "dom how long ago did you book this?!" adam asked surprised. "like 3 months ago" he said as you and adam both burst into laughter.

"aww dommy!" you said as you kissed his cheek softly. "what you two want?" he asked. you both chose burgers, dom personally going for steak. "you two know each other so well" dom laughed as he sipped his drink.

your main meals and drinks arrived as you all began eating. dom and adam were both being super sweet and kind and making jokes, all be it the both of them flirting between each other as you finished your food.

after your main meal and while you waited for your dessert to arrive. you tried to peak into the giftbag which dom had set on the floor before he caught on. "hey, no peeking, i put it on the floor for a reason" dom said as he smirked.

as dom finished laughing, your dessert arrived. you had seen the item on the menu of "100 layer cake" and had to get it. the waiter sat it down and you immediately were taken aback. they weren't kidding when they said 100 layers.

"oh wow,,," dom said surprised. "you weren't kidding" adam laughed as he began taking your birthday pictures for instagram. you took the fork and began eating it. "hey you didn't let me check if it was 100 layers!" dom said, pretending to pout.

you ignored him as you tucked into the cake. "there is no way humanly possible a human can eat that much cake" dom said as you began eating the food as quickly as you could. "don't do that y/n, you'll give yourself a stomach ache" adam said softly.

you ate as much as you could, eating a fair amount before being suitably full. then adam and dom split it between them, managing to finish all of it between the three of you. "now your gifts" dom said, putting the 3 boxes on the table.

"smallest box first?" you asked. adam nodded as you undid the bow. it was a pair of jet black crystal earrings. "oh my gosh they're gorgeous!" you said as you held them in your hand. "i'm so glad you like!" dom said, extremely excited.

you went for the second box and opened it and it was a matching necklace. "it's perfect oh my god!" you said happily, holding it up to your chest. "it's so gorgeous!" you said as you put it down on the table.

"now the jewel in the crown" dom said as he gave you the biggest one. you undid it and lost your breath in an instant. it was a black lace corset with red jewels against the sides and the bow was embroidered with skulls.

"oh my gosh!" you said as you wrapped your arms around dom and then adam in turn. "we had to make it perfect for our angel" dom said as he kissed your cheek gently and called for the cheque. 

dom and adam split the bill before the three of you left for home.