Fairy Lights

Summary: Dom's ADHD and Christmas decorating doesn't mix very well

HUSBAND DOM BC I MISSED HUSBAND DOM!!! <333

"Love?" Dom shouted up the stairs, as you finished tying your hair up in the ponytail, which was confirmation for yourself and Dom that decorating was getting serious. This was yours and Dom's second year together, and your second year decorating your house.

As much as Dom loved Christmas and decorating, he didn't know what he was doing half the time, and it never, ever ended well. You remembered the first Christmas after you got together, in your old university flat, Dom had tried to decorate.

Emphasis on tried. 

He managed to tangle himself in the fairy lights and you and your flatmate had the difficult, near 20 minute long task of getting Dom out of the string of green, yellow, red and blue lights prison he'd seemed to have trap himself in.

So, since you got your own place, Dom knew his place in the hierarchy of decorating. He helped you with it, but you definitely took the lead, as he listened to what you said, and wanted him to do. Happy wife, happy life, was definitely his mentality.

Taking out the boxes of fairy lights, and other random Christmas decorations, you went downstairs with the two boxes, and saw Dom, cute as ever but also blissfully confused. He was standing on a chair in front of the hall cupboard, furiously looking through it.

"Dom?" You asked, as his vision didn't falter from the cupboard. "Love, where the fuck did you put the Christmas decorations? I can't find 'em anywhere!" He said, his Northern accent coming through more and more.

"I've got them," You said. Dom nodded absentmindedly, before looking over at you, when your words hit him, and he saw you holding the box of decorations. "Oh for fuck's sake!" He complained, but both of you burst out laughing.

"Well if you still wanna help, the Christmas tree stuff is in the attic," You said, as you began to pass Dom's chair, and Dom got down, and kissed your cheek. "Alright, lovey," He said, as you made your way to the living room, starting to decorate.

You put the boxes down in the bedroom, and first separated the fairy lights from everything else. Once you'd been through the first, it was mostly fairy lights, and a few other random decorations, but your heart lit up seeing four different things in the box.

It was two Santa hats, and two NYC snow globes. These were things from yours and Dom's honeymoon. You and Dom had gone New York City for your honeymoon, as your honeymoon took place from the 21st, until you went back after New Year's Day.

And, Dom, who'd planned the honeymoon, had not let a single classic American NYC Christmas go undone. You'd stayed in the Plaza hotel, and you, being quite sentimental, had kept some things from the trip.

You'd kept Santa hats which you may or may not have taken from a bar in the city, and you'd bought two snow globes which were meant to look like NYC in the snow, and engraved on the metal part of the stand was the year you got married "2019"

You were quickly snapped out of your memory lane trip as you heard Dom coughing extremely loudly, and it must've been loud, as he could've only been in the hallway, and you were sitting in the living room, the door closed.

"DOM!" You shouted. "Are you okay?" You asked, in a gentle voice, and Dom came into the living room, just finishing coughing. 

"Shitting dust," Dom said, in such a plain, pissed off Northern tone, and it was impossible for you to burst out giggling. 

He did look quite hilarious, his white jumper covered his dust, his red hair messy, and a faux green Christmas tree in hand, with a small box of baubles and tinsel in the other.