triggers

requested by mylaandrews

desc: dom comes home annoyed and after being angry, accidentally triggers your ptsd and causes you to want to avoid dom as much as you can. dom notices and ask why, comforting you with all he can. tw // ptsd. 

"for piss sake" dom muttered underneath his breath. he stormed down the street as he felt his cheeks burn. everything seemed determinded to piss dom off today. not one thing had gone right for him.

he'd missed his bus, other people in the studio seemed determined to piss him off by either being too loud, too annoying, etc. his adhd was playing up and he was getting overstimulated quickly and it was making his life difficult.

he sighed as his hand reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys. he unlocked the front door and he slammed the front door shut. from upstairs, you jumped in your seat, sweat beginning to go down your forehead.

you hated loud noises, especially sudden ones. you'd had multiple toxic male figures in your life, ranging from your dad to past boyfriends and some were physically abusive. you felt your chest beginning to heave.

you were falling into a state of panic as you heard dom heading upstairs. you immediately excused yourself to the bathroom. you locked the door as you passed dom on the stairs. thankfully, this gave dom the time to calm down.

he took deep breaths, his shoulders beginning to relax as his breath stabilized. "c'mon dom" he muttered to himself. he calmed himself down as he realized how long you'd been sat in the bathroom for.

he went to the bathroom and knocked on the door. you jumped as tears began trickling down your cheek. "what's up y/n?" he asked. you shook your head, letting out a small noise which could be only described as a small squeak.

"y/n is everything okay in there?" he asked. your hands shook as you unlocked the door. but you were too scared to open it to face dom. dom heard the clunk of the door as he opened the bathroom door.

he instantly saw how shaky you were. your whole body was shaking, your body backed up against the wall. tears were falling down your cheek. "y/n, what's happened?" he asked. "y-you slamming the door" you stuttered as you got panicked.

"what about it?" he asked as he slowly walked up to you. "p-ptsd" you managed to blurt out. "i have a lot of bad experiences with abusive men" you stuttered. "and i get triggered by loud noises like slams or slaps" you said.

dom stopped to think before finally responding. "okay, if you want to, come here. i won't hurt you, you're safe" he said softly, holding his arms out. everything in your brain said not to do it, but your body went towards him.

you wrapped your arms around him and he wrapped his around you. you could hear his heartbeat softly in his chest. he picked you up in his arms as he carried you to the bedroom. he lay you down on the bed and he lay down next to you.

he wrapped his hands around your waist as your head rested against your chest. "i'm so sorry if i triggered you darling, i would never want to ever make you feel like that" he said, his hands running through your hair gently.

he toyed his hands through your hair softly and wrapped your hair around his finger. "thank you dom" you muttered softly. "don't thank me, it's basic decency" he said, his hand around your stomach, holding you tight.

he lifted your hair away from your neck and repeatedly kissed your neck softly, trying to make you as comfortable with you as possible. he wrapped your soft pink throw blanket around you and him, your body basically curled up around him.

he kissed your neck softly before reaching into his pocket for his phone. he played dance with me by beabadoobee as he knew it always calmed you down. he whispered sweet nothings in your ear as he periodically kissed your neck.

after a while, you felt yourself getting sleepy. dom could tell from how you were slowly getting more and more relaxed into your arms. "if you wanna fall asleep, fall asleep bubba, i got you" he smiled softly. you smiled as you took into his request.

your eyes fluttered shut as you fell asleep in dom's arms. dom tucked you into the covers before falling asleep as well, not wanting to let you go, as though you were the most precious thing in the world to him.