sunflowers (30k special)

a/n: thank you so so much for 30k reads that's literally insane, i don't know why people read the weird little things that come from my brain but i appreciate it so much! this is also a rewrite of one of the first fanfics i ever wrote but make it dom

you were laying down on the couch, scrolling through tiktok when you got a notification. a text from adam. instantly you went and opened it. "hey y/n, can you come over and babysit fang for a few hours?"

you thought it was funny he said babysit as if fang wasn't his new dog. "what's in it for me?" you sent jokingly, even though you were going to go over. "drinks on me next time we go pub" adam said.

"deal" you sent back as you got up off your couch. you went to the hall, grabbing your keys and phone in your pocket. you left the house and walked down to adam's house. adam's house was only 15 to 20 minutes away.

before long you were at adam's and he was immediately giving you all sorts of instructions on when fang needed feeding, when to let him outside, take him on walks, etc. "adam i do know how to take care of a dog thank you very much" you said.

"ok, ok, but i just don't want to come back to the house destroyed!" he whined as you rolled your eyes. "it's fine, now go, enjoy yourself idiot" you said as he walked past you and began walking out the hall.

once you heard the door closed you went looking for fang. you looked upstairs and couldn't find him anywhere upstairs. you did began to panic a little, immediately not being able to find the dog wasn't ideal.

as you went back downstairs you heard music playing in the kitchen. bizarre, the kitchen door was closed. you opened the door and would be lying if you said you weren't a little scared at first.

there was a guy in the kitchen who had fang tucked in his arms and was swaying him in his arms to the beat of the music as though he was dancing. you now recognized the song, sunflower by post malone.

he hadn't taken notice of you yet and you might as well make yourself known. you cleared your throat and he immediately turned around. "fucking hell!" he said quickly, trying to walk back but the counter stopped him.

you couldn't help but laugh. one, his reaction was pretty funny and two, his accent, it was something northern, sounded like he was saying fook as opposed to fuck. "sorry, you just scared me" he said.

"no it's fine, don't worry" you said as he put fang down who immediately ran to your feet as you picked him up in your own arms. "i'm guessing you're a friend of adam's then" he said. "nah mate i'm a fucking burglar" you said quickly.

instantly you bit your tongue. sometimes people didn't get your sense of humor and sometimes it got you into uncomfortable situations. but it seemed to have gone down well as he let out a laugh. "so why are you here?" he asked.

"adam came over and asked me to babysit fang, so i did. and found you here" you laughed under your breath. his face scrunched up. "bizarre" dom said softly. "he asked me the same thing" he said as he walked up to you.

as he was closer to you, you could properly look at him. the first thing you were drawn to were his eyes. the time was 4 in the afternoon during november and the sun was setting, the sun reflecting in his green eyes.

his green eyes were the perfect shade of emerald green and contrasted against his dark brown hair. "what's your name?" he asked as he picked up fang. "my name's y/n" you said as he smiled at fang.

"that's a beautiful name" he said as he stared at you. you tried your hardest to stop yourself from blushing. the 2nd thing you noticed was his hair. his hair was half dark brown and half pink and seemed so fluffy.

you felt yourself playing with your fingers as you did when you were nervous. you two both played with fang for a little bit before you both saw he was getting restless. "do you wanna take fang on a walk with me?" dom said.

you nodded as dom was putting the leash on fang's collar. dom grabbed adam's spare key as you both left the house to the local park. you both began walking as you talked about anything and everything.

"so yeah, i met adam at a guitar store when i first moved to london a few months back, well i worked there but we became mates" you laughed. dom then started his own chat about random stuff but was funny to hear.

"so you really dyed your hair with pink kool-aid powder?" you said as you looked up at his hair again. he nodded, seemingly proud of himself. you walked for a little longer before you felt yourself shiver. 

you really regretted the fact that you hadn't brought your hoodie with you. and dom noticed this. "can you hold fang's leash for a second?" dom asked. you nodded as you took it and dom pulled off his hoodie.

he still had a warm jumper on so you didn't mind if he was going to pass it to you. "here you go" he said softly. you smiled as you felt his hand brush against yours as he took the leash back. "c'mon" dom said, smiling.

you both walked a little longer and you felt yourself falling even more and more in love with this idiot, even though you'd only met him a couple of hours ago. "oh adam's just texted me" dom said, pulling out his phone.

dom quickly put his phone back in his pocket. "we should probably get back soon, but we've got a little while yet" dom said. "follow me" he said. you instantly trusted him, you just had a gut feeling he wouldn't hurt you.

he sat down on the bench next to you and you moved your hand down to pat fang's head. you heard dom singing sunflower under his breath, well the melody more specifically. you smiled as you scribbled your number onto the paper.

"dom?" you said. he instantly looked up and gave you that smile. god his smile was killer, it was just so sweet, so perfect, it just made your heart light up and made you feel so much happier. "yeah?" he asked.

you passed him the paper without saying much. dom scrunched up his nose before you explained. "it's my number" you said. "why you giving me this?" he asked. you raised your eyebrow at him and gave him the look.

"oh shit love, i think i'm a moron" he said. you shook your head. "you're not" you said softly as you ruffled his hair. "when are you free to go out on a date?" dom said. your heart jumped a little. sure you wanted a date but weren't expecting it so soon.

"umm, i'm free saturday if you are" you giggled, moving your hair a little bit. "meet me at 7 by mine? i'll give you the address" he said. "sounds good, surprise me" you giggled as you went to cuddle him.

you wrapped your arms tightly around him and you both laughed a little. "we actually need to go now, or adam will think we've fucking kidnapped his dog" dom said. you laughed as you both got up and went back to adam's.

adam didn't say much, just thanked you both before you headed your separate ways home. when you left, adam went to text tom. "how did trying to get dom and y/n go?" tom texted. adam laughed to himself.

"her and dom are going out on a date on saturday so i've done my job!" "i fucking told you it'd work, trust me there's nothing else that bring people together more than dogs!" adam sent back before putting his phone down.

dom wasn't hearing the end of this soon.