tantrums

requested by kiantrans // dom's trying to be a little today but people keep overwhelming him with calls and issues. with dom being little, he's not used to being stressed as a little and panics, upset and scared 

mummy pet name for reader so if you don't like it, don't read it!

"is someone little today?" dom asked as he put his dummy in his mouth. he nodded, sucking on his dummy as he lay down with his head in your lap. as he sucked, he began to relax again. him being in little space always relaxed him.

he looked up at you softly, his eyes soft as he sucked on his dummy,  you smiled seeing his relaxation. you loved him when he was relaxed, you knew being relaxed was difficult for him, especially with his adhd.

it was very rare he was fully relaxed, properly calm, so the fact he could be with you and so calm was heaven to you. as he was relaxing, his phone rang. he immediately popped the dummy out of his mouth as he picked up his phone.

"yeah mu-mate what's up?" he asked. you laughed, seeing him still in little space but hiding it. you couldn't see what he was saying in the call but he only nodded and gave short yes or no answers.

you saw tears welling in his eyes as he hung up the call. "okay, bye" he said, hanging up the call. instantly, he couldn't control it anymore. he began crying, tears streaming down his face. "hey angel boy, what's wrong?" you asked softly.

you tried to cuddle him but he slapped your hand away. "go away!" he whined through tears. as most people would've gotten mad at him, you knew what was happening. he was just overwhelmed.

his adhd meant he frequently got overwhelmed, and you knew him still being little wasn't helping. he was used to little space being his special place where he was safe from any stresses. having that bubble burst was scary for him.

"okay, i understand. you don't want me near right now, it's too overwhelming. i'm just gonna go out for a bit to give you some space, but i'll be back, okay dom?" you said. you met no reply but you knew he heard you.

you left the room as you grabbed your keys and credit card. you left the house and went down to the shops. you bought some of dom's favourite snacks, some haribos, some pringles and a diet coke.

you checked the time, 20 minutes had passed since you'd left. you assumed that dom had calmed down as you went back to the house. unlocking the door, you opened the door, walking into the hallway. immediately you heard dom.

"mummy?" he called softly. "i'm here dom" you said as you put your keys back on the hall table. with the bag in hand, you went into the living room were dom was. he had a blanket around him, his dummy in hand. 

he immediately raised his arms out for hugs. you placed your bag down on the coffee table as you wrapped your arms tightly around him. you knew your arms were his safe space, and you were going to keep him safe.

"i'm sorry mummy" dom said softly, kissing your cheek in way of apology. "what are you sorry about angel boy?" you asked, moving out of the hug softly so your face met dom's. "for being so bratty, and shouting at you" dom said but you cut him off.

"you have no reason to apologize" you said quickly. "you were overwhelmed, i don't know what did, but don't tell me if you don't want to. but you were scared. and you were trying to protect yourself. so don't apologize" you said.

dom's eyes softened, wrapping his arms around you tightly. "thank you mummy!" he said happily as he noticed the bag. "what's in there?" he asked softly. "it's some snacks for you baby" you cooed softly.

"really?!" he said excitedly as he went to grab the bag. he opened the bag and pulled out all the snacks. "you're the best mummy!" dom smiled gently as he took them all out of the bag. "all for me?" he asked. you nodded, running your hand through his hair.

"so i'm thinking we just eat some snacks, watch some tim burton and then you can take it easy and have your dummy?" you suggested. "yes!!" dom said excitedly, clapping his hands together happily.

he picked up his dummy and put it back in his mouth, sucking it happily as you got up one of his favourite tim burton movies, sweeny todd. he smiled happily as you opened the can of pringles for him.

"open your mouth, here comes the choo choo train" you teased softly. he took his dummy out of his mouth and opened it, feeding him the pringle. he chewed happily as he focused his attention on the movie.

you wrapped your arm around him and pulled him into your arms. you wrapped a blanket around him as he decided he wanted his dummy more than his snacks. he relaxed into your arms, dummy firmly in his mouth.

"are you sleepy angel boy?" you teased, seeing him relax a lot more, his body getting a little heavier in your arms. he nodded. "can i sleep? i know it's early but still" he said softly. "don't ask baby boy" you said.

"we've got all the time in the world dommy, we can carry on once you've woken up" you said as you ruffled dom's hair. dom's eyes fluttered shut and you knew he was asleep once his dummy slightly hung out of his mouth.

you took it out, cleaning it in a nearby tissue whilst you ran your hands through his hair. you both never felt safer with anyone else but each other. you were each others safe spaces, always.

a/n! look at me double uploading in one night, woohoo!