July 29th: Roller Derby

Dom would be lying if he said he wasn't a little intimidated by you. You met through Tom and he'd organised to meet up together. The reason you met, as well as the reason he was a little intimidated because of your career.

You did competitive roller derby.

Tom's girlfriend, Faye, was in the same league as you, as well as one of your best friends. The minute he met you, he knew you'd get along with Dom so well, and arranged to meet you. "Can't believe you made me agree to this," Dom said.

"Mate, what's the worst that can happen?" Adam asked. Tom was taking Dom to yours and Faye's roller derby game, and he'd go with Faye, and you and him could get to know each other. "The worst that could happen? Where do I start?" He asked.

"The date could go badly, they could kick off, and then they kick me square in the balls, beat me to a pulp and leave, then chats it to Faye and then there's a rift between her and you," Dom said to Tom. "Okay, no, you've been overthinking it too much," Tom said, quickly.

"In real life, the actual worst that could happen, is that maybe you two don't get on well, the date ends, it's a funny story for the both of you, and you don't have to come to the derby games," Tom said, matter of factly.

"And you've got me for emotional support," Adam added, quickly. Tom and Adam were very good at this, they knew how to talk Dom out of it when he got himself into a complete state overthinking about everything. They soon arrived at the rink.

Dom was immediately a bit scared. Everyone on the rink looked so fierce on the rink, hitting against each other, as you went around the rink. The game was nearly done, but the scorecard made absolutely no sense to Dom. "Are they winning?" He asked.

"Yes," Tom said back. "Which one's Y/N?" Adam asked, asking the question for him. "Their jersey's number 23, and their teams in the green and white jersey," Tom explained. Looking over the rink, he saw you. Instantly he was surprised.

He instantly saw that you looked amazing, if not a little scary. Your hair done into two braids done into your hair onto the top of your head, with your helmet over it. Green and white face paint was on each cheek, in a stripe on each side of your face.

One of the first thoughts in his head was "God, I hope they don't kill me" You looked so pretty, but also intimidating to you. He stood next to Tom and Adam until the game ended, your team winning. Faye skated up to Tom, quickly wrapping her arms around him.

"Did so good, baby," Tom said, pressing a kiss to Faye's forehead. Dom looked over at you, who was also skating up to them. "Ew, love," You teased, your helmet held under your arm as you stood. Dom was surprised how still you were standing with skates on.

"Oh Y/N, I've been meaning to introduce you to him, this is Dom," Tom said, pointing over to him. Dom smiled awkwardly, waving. Adam and Tom both were holding back laughter. They thought they'd never see the day that Dom was left silent by someone.

"Aww, sweet," You smiled, walking over to him and pulling him into a gentle hug. He went a vibrant shade of red as you left the hug. "Well, I promised Faye lunch if she won her game, so we'll see you later," Tom smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"See ya, Faye!" You beamed as they began to walk away. She smiled back, shoving her middle finger up at you, your regular form of greeting. You flipped her off back before your attention moved back to Dom. "Hi..." Dom muttered, unsure of what else to say.

Adam could've facepalmed then and there. There was NO way Dom could literally be that dumb. Well, clearly he could. Adam had never seen Dom so awkward. He never seemed to shut up usually. And here he was, dumbstruck silent from one person.

"I was gonna get some lunch, wanna join me?" You asked, beginning to remove your skates. Dom only nodded, not knowing what else to say, not wanting to blurt out something stupid, again. You took your skates off, putting them in a small bag which was specially for your skates.

You changed into some white trainers before leaving the skating rink. "Where are we going for food?" Dom asked. "McDonalds," You replied, nonchalantly. "Sick," Dom laughed. Surprisingly, you were doing most of the talking.

But you began to wonder if you were doing something wrong, making him so quiet for nothing. But you tried to keep him comfortable. To keep him talking, you made the conversation about him, talking about his new album and concert.

"I saw the pictures from the Whiskey-Go-Go, it looked sick!" You said as you went into the McDonalds. Sitting down at a table for 3, you all ordered your food, waiting for it to arrive. "Yeah man, I was so excited to do it again!" Dom said.

The minute you mentioned the concert and his fans, he absolutely went mad. He turned right back to the Dom that absolutely everyone knew, he went to talk about the BHC and the concert, he was in his element whilst talking about it.

It was sweet to see him so happy and excited. "Sorry if it's boring to you," He said. "It's not, I love hearing people talking about their passions, and if it's yours, talk about it as much as you want," You assured him. A massive smile spread on Dom's face.

Your food arrived and you began to eat, both of you talking. Since Dom had just started talking about his passion, he let you talk about yours, roller derby. "I don't know how you do it, roller derby seems fucking mad to me," He laughed.

"I love it to bits, it's so fun. Everyone thinks we must just have major beef with other teams, but we've got each other all on a bunch of socials, we're close friends," You laughed. "Really?! Looked fucking brutal on the rink," Dom replied back, shocked.

"Mate, some of us have been in different teams, we're close as hell, we've also known a lot of us from the same teen roller derby training teams and clubs," You explained, Adam only smirking as he saw the conversation clearly flowing.

As your conversation with Dom continued, Adam saw the sparks flying between the two of you, seeing that you were clearly getting along. As you finished your food, you looked up, and saw a red blush coating his cheeks, his nose looking like he had makeup on it.

"Do you wanna come back to my house?" You asked. Dom looked surprised, but he nodded. "Sure man," He laughed, cleaning ketchup off his face, as he got up and walked out of the McDonalds. "I guess this is where I see you off," Adam laughed.

You laughed but Dom nodded. "Bye Adam!" You said, waving him goodbye. Adam walked the other way as your bus arrived, back to your house. As you got on the bus, sitting at the back, Dom lay his hand over your thigh, softly.

His hand dug into your thigh, rubbing it down. Your legs clenched together, and he saw it. He smirked and continued with what he was doing, not doing more, but not doing any less. He wrapped his whole hand around your thigh.

This was going to be a long ass afternoon.