booted pt2

*fast forward a year*

dom scrunched his eyes as bella began waking up in her cot. "love?" he said, waking you up. you stirred awake as bella, who had just learnt simple 3 or 4 sentences began repeating whilst waddling around in her cot.

"my birthday, my birthday, birthday, birthday!" she giggled. she wasn't so confident in walking so fell back down on her back but kept giggling and clapping her hands together. dom couldn't keep a smile off his face.

"was a birthday for a 1 year old a good idea?" dom asked. you sat up in bed. "oh every parent does it dom" you laughed. "yeah but a full on birthday party?" he asked. "c'mon, for bella" you said. he looked back over at her.

she was trying to sit herself up, using her hands to try get standing again. "c'mon dom, up" you laughed, getting up out of bed. you pulled bella out of the cot and took her downstairs for breakfast. dom sighed.

he was excited though, it was his baby daughters first birthday. it'd been one of the most chaotic but best year of his life. and he was so proud of bella. she'd learnt how to talk 4 months ago, dom almost cried when she said her first word.

the main reason was her first word was dad. she was sitting on the floor with a book in her hands with you whilst dom was in the kitchen. then she called "dad?". dom heard her and almost cried, picking her up and hugging her.

dom couldn't keep staying emotional in bed, bella and you were downstairs. dom got up and got changed into his clothes, the ones for the party. he went downstairs and you were spoon feeding bella who was sitting in her high chair.

"hi daddy!" she said happily. "you're all dressed up" you giggled. "i couldn't be bothered to get dressed later" dom laughed. "dom, it's at 10am" you laughed. "it's 8am" you added. "so?" dom said, kissing bella's cheek.

"c'mon dom, are you going to help me get bella ready?" you laughed. "i'll do it darling, you get the house ready" dom said, picking bella out of her high chair. "are you going to get ready bella?" he asked. 

"nope" she laughed, clapping her hands together as she shook her head. "c'mon bella, up" dom said, picking her up. "no clean, no no" she said. dom rolled his eyes jokingly. he lifted her up and went to the bathroom.

she didn't like showers or baths and since she was so little, he just took some baby wipes from the cupboard underneath her and cleaned her up. she began trying to kick away but she was giggling the whole time.

she liked making things a game. dom smiled, kissing her cheek. he carried her to the bedroom and got her little fancy pink dress. it was a gift from dom's mum, or bella's grandma. "c'mon get your dress on!" dom laughed.

"no dress, no no!" she insisted. "c'mon bella!" dom said. he knew he had to make it a game, as he usually did. "ok bella, you can run but if i catch you, you have to put the dress on" he offered. she pretended to think before replying.

"ok!" she said. she jumped off the bed and sprinted as fast as she could to the cupboard across the hall. dom laughed to himself. first, a just turned one year old who can't really walk yet, sprinting was pretty funny.

two, that cupboard was where they kept random crap. and it was all drawered so she couldn't climb into it. dom grabbed and her starting making biting noises, pretending he was going to eat her up.