bad days

requested by kagehina0621

desc: dom had a bad day in general and comes home upset and annoyed. you take it upon yourself to take care of him and make him feel better and cheer him up

"for piss sake!" dom whined.

now his wallet was covered in mud. bloody brilliant. he picked it up and waited for his bus home. the time on the bus rota said 5 minutes until his bus. 5 minutes turned to 10, then 15, finally 20 minutes.

should he just walk by now?

right as he was about to give up, finally, the bus arrived. dom went to the top deck and sat down, annoyed and upset. he'd just had a day where nothing had seemed to go his way. he'd woken up late first.

then he'd been late, then another management in the recording studio had given him a load of shit even though they literally didn't even manage him one bit. then tom and adam had gotten into a petty argument.

but this upset dom. he didn't like seeing his two best mates angry at each other and it made him feel useless in a way. his actual management said it'd probably be a good idea for dom to just go home for the day at 10pm.

but it was still hellish. he was stuck in rain, he then missed his bus and it took forever for the new bus to come up. and all he really wanted was to be with you. he hadn't seen you all day since you didn't live together.

he asked you if he could come over via text first and you agreed. dom saw the bus not moving. what? oh someone was having him on!! traffic?! for real? god. dom didn't know whether to shout or cry to be honest.

he tried to keep it together. finally, he got off the bus. he could walk the route to your house blindfolded if he really needed to. dom got to your house and in defeat, knocked on your front door. "please open up, please open" he whispered under his breath.

and you did.

you opened the door. dom instantly threw his arms around you as tight as he could, almost knocking you over. "woah, woah, hey, it's ok, i've got you" you said, shutting the front door. his head was buried into your neck.

"come on bubs" you said softly. you sat him down on the couch and went up to the radiator. you'd put one of your baggiest and warmest hoodies there and now it was toasty warm. you picked it up and passed it to him.

"put that on baby" you said. dom looked up, his eyes like a puppy dog. "thank you," he said, almost defeated. he took off his jacket and you quickly caught it, hanging it up on the staircase. he pulled off his shirt and you put it on the radiator.

dom pulled your warm black hoodie on and held it to his face and sleeves. "thank you," he said. "no problem beauty" you said, kissing his nose. you held him to you, his head against your chest. "want some snacks?" you asked.

"oh please" dom asked. wrapping him in some blankets, you got up and went to the kitchen. you opened the cupboard and pulled out some salted pretzels & pringles. you held them in your arms as you went back to the living room.

"thank you darling" dom said, with genuine thankfulness in his voice. you passed him the food, opening them. he immediately took a few pringles and a handful of pretzels, shoving them into his mouth with genuine relish.

"thank you, i really needed this right now" he muttered. "no problem, any time baby boy" you said, running your hands gently through his hair. you hummed a tune to him. it wasn't any particular song.

you just had a habit of making melody's to yourself and this was one of them. and dom always said he found them particularly soothing or calming. you saw his eyes flutter open and shut momentarily.

"wanna go to bed?" you asked. he nodded. you looked over at the clock, it was almost 11pm. you were ready for bed, in a nightie, all your makeup off, completely ready for bed. you put the snacks away before turning your attention to dom.

you wrapped the blankets tighter around him before carrying him bridal style, upstairs. you went to your bedroom and lay dom down. you got into bed and decided to big spoon dom. his head lay on your chest as you played with his hair.

"darling?" dom asked. "yeah?" you asked. "thank you for doing this for me" he muttered. "don't worry baby, it's okay, anytime" you said softly. "i'll take care of you in the morning if you need, just get some sleep okay?" you said.

"t-thank y-" dom began before completely falling asleep laying over you. you smiled, kissing his forehead. "goodnight british baby boy" you giggled. you lay down and closed your own eyes, falling asleep next to dom.