To See You Smile Updated / Mummy

Author's Note: I couldn't decide whether to write a long smut, or an updated version of the first imagine of this book, so I'm giving you both, don't say I don't spoil you

To See You Smile Summary: After a bad day, Dom is exactly who you need to comfort you

"Y/N, my love! I'm home!" Dom called, shutting the front door to your house. He did everything he usually did, pulling his shoes off, dumping his bag and his guitar case in the hallway, where Dom usually put everything.

"Love"? Dom called again, beginning to get a bit worried that he couldn't hear you. Of course there was a possibility you were out with friends, shopping, etc, there were multiple reasons you could be out of the house.

But, usually, when he got home, you were home, and though Dom wasn't controlling by any means, you and Dom were the type to update each other and keep each other informed if one of you weren't going to be home until late.

Ignoring this, Dom went around the bottom of the house, looking around for you. He was confused, to see all of the things that you usually took out of the house, your shoes, your bags, etc, your keys were still in the hallway.

Realising that you were still in the house, he made his way upstairs, as he immediately opened the bedroom door.

He softly opened the door at first, just in case you were sleeping, and he didn't want to wake you up if you were asleep.

As he opened the bedroom door, he saw a sight that worried you. Your head was tucked up to your knees, your head buried in your hands, as he could hear that you were crying. "Hey, love," Dom said, catching his attention.

Hearing his voice, you looked up, and he saw how red your eyes were, and could tell something that was seriously wrong.

As he made his way up to you, he wrapped his arms around you, sitting next to you. He slowly took you into his arms, holding you how he knew you loved to be held most.

Dom picked you up and placed you in his lap, as he rocked you back and forth, playing with your hair, the rocking back and forth calming you, as he let you cry.

"What's wrong, my love?" Dom asked, as your tears slowly stopped flowing from your eyes, as he reached out to take your hand.

"Shit day," You said, as you let out a hollow laugh. You wiped your eyes, the remnants of mascara staining the ends of your sleeve, only frustrating you more and getting you more and more wound up.

Dom slowly held you, and you could feel Dom's heartbeat against you. That was a calming factor for you, hearing his slow heartbeat, cooing your own to slowly have the anxiety ebb away, as you relaxed into one with Dom.

"Everything's just tiring me," You said, trying to express how you felt a little more. Dom didn't criticise you, or demand more of an explanation for you. He knew better than anyone that sometimes emotions just were.

"Do you maybe just wanna lay down?" Dom asked, and you nodded. As you were already laying in bed, Dom pulled back the covers, as you got into bed.

As you laid down in bed together, Dom slowly played with your hair, something that was relaxing for the both of you. As he braided your hair into small braids between his fingers, he allowed comfortable silence to take over.

You enjoyed the peace for a few moments. It was a perfect metaphor for Dom. He was the calm within a storm that you needed. 

"Is there anything you want me to do to make you feel better? Distract you? Talk it out, or just let it rest for a moment?" Dom asked, as he undid the braid he had so loosely placed in your hair.