Proud

Summary: Dom comforts you after people ruin you winning an award

A/n: No-one offense to any other fandoms mentioned in this, sure you lot are lovely <3

Your heart felt as though it was beating out of your chest, as you entered the main hall for the Brit awards tonight.

This was your first award show. Which only made it all the more intense tonight. Your first ever award, at such a big scale.

Some people work for years to get to a level like this, and you were here, in less than a year.

Dom and you were both nominated for two awards each. Dom for Male Singer Of The Year, and you for New Breakthrough Artist.

The both of you were now also nominated for album of the year. That category was the most intimidating thought for you.

A lot, and a lot of big names were also nominated for that award.

Which were included and not limited to, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Anne Marie, Harry Styles, Lizzo and Olivia Rodrigo, you could go on.

Needless to say you were fucking terrified. Minus Harry and Lizzo, you didn't know anyone else in the industry, and against so many larger artists.

But you were assured knowing you had the absolute love of your life there with you, Dom.

His hand reached over for yours, holding your hand softly. His thumb gently rubbed over your knuckles.

"I love your outfit darling," Dom smiled, just as you two got sat down. At your table was Dom, you, Harry and Lizzo.

"Of course you love it, we're matching dickhead," You laughed, Lizzo bursting out laughing as she passed you a glass of wine.

You loved both of your outfits. Both of you were wearing a white collared shirt, a black blazer, and a black skirt with chains and studs on.

The second the award ceremony finally started, you felt as though your heart was going to burst from the inside out.

Your anxiety got bad enough when you were just watching award shows, let alone when you were both waiting to find out if you'd won one.

Which was the reason why you were asking Lizzo for refills on the wine so much.

Dom cut you off after your 3rd glad, because he did want you to be able to walk in your heels.

Slightly annoyed, and also slightly tipsy, you finally agreed.

Then, the award was the male singer of the year. "The winner is...." The host said, pausing for emphasis.

Lizzo grabbed Harry's hand tightly, and you were grabbing Dom's hand, tracing the cold metal of his rings, to both calm yourself as well as him.

"YUNGBLUD!"

The whole table immediately burst into cheering, but no-one cheered louder than your table. And you specifically.

You kissed Dom's cheek, and he was absolutely beaming. You were having your proud significant other moment.

"Go get your award baby!" You beamed, kissing him again, as he went up to the stage to go get his Brit award.

From the sheer expression of euphoria on his face, you could explode with happiness. He was truly beaming.

That version of Dom was the best Dom.

As he walked across the stage, you felt an overwhelming sense of pride, as he stood there, holding his award.

He looked so perfect, maybe the emotion was so intense that meant you couldn't put it into words. Harry put his fingers into his mouth, whistling.