Still Have Me

Summary: After your breakup, you turn to Dom for comfort, and he does a good job of it.

Request by special_gay_square

You were so tired as you made your way to Dom's. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

You'd just broken up with your significant other, and were taking it pretty hard.

It wasn't like you didn't know it was coming, you'd felt it was going to happen for a pretty long time now.

But it still hurt when you broke up officially.

Once you left their house, the first thing you did was text your best friend, Dom. He was always there for you, and told you his house was always a safe place if you needed one.

And you sure as hell needed one right about now.

Getting to Dom's front door, you knocked, waiting for Dom to reply.

You felt an overwhelming sense of sadness as you stood, waiting for him.

It felt as though you were to a certain extent lost with yourself.

They'd been a part of your life for so long that it felt as though you were now a child again, expected to function without supervision.

You weren't sure what to even do with yourself.

But as the door opened, you immediately felt a sense of comfort.

Dom was stood there, some clothes tucked under his arm, and a small smile on his face.

He held out his arms, and you wasted no time running into them. You clung onto his waist, as he shut the front door, picking you up properly.

He carried you to the sofa, his arms never leaving your body. His hoodie was warm, and he just felt like comfort. Like another home.

"I'm sorry Y/N," He said, and immediately you burst into tears again.

"Hey, Y/N, it's okay, it's okay," Dom assured, rubbing your back as you buried your head in his shoulder, sobbing harder.

"I know you're hurting, but I can promise you two things. It's going to be okay, and I'm not going anywhere,"

And that was exactly what you needed to hear.

Dom's hand gently moved your hair out of your face, as he passed you the warm clothes from before.

"I thought you might want a hoodie from me, know you like stealing mine," He muttered, a soft smile spreading on his face.

And because he smiled, you did too.

It was a hoodie of his, and some grey joggers. You had no shame changing in front of Dom anymore, pulling off your shirt first.

You pulled the hoodie on, before changing into the joggers, your own clothes soon neglected on the floor.

"Look so nice sweetheart," He complimented, before moving slightly, to reach over for a big fluffy blanket of his, and wrapping it over you.

You gratefully took it, after being so upset, you just needed someone to look after you, someone to comfort you.

"I ordered some Chinese for us, just got your regular," He said, and you smiled. "Thank you Dom," You said, laying your head against his chest.

"Food always makes everything a little better," He said, rubbing your shoulder and you nodded in agreement.

As Dom held you, it just felt, right. Not particularly in a romantic or platonic way, but as though it were something that just was, no other way about it.

The food soon arrived, and that was the first time that night that Dom's arms stopped holding you.

He sat the takeout down on the table, his box resting on your shoulder, which did annoy you slightly but not enough for you to tell him to move it.

As you ate, watching TV, you looked over at Dom. And he just seemed... different.

There was just something about him that had changed, and you couldn't explain it. It could've been the fact you'd just gotten used to the fact that you were single.

"Dom?" You said, once you were finished eating. "Yeah Y/N?" He asked, putting the chopsticks back in the box.

"Can I kiss you?" You asked.

Dom's eyes widened, his mouth dropping open slightly. Lost for words, he nodded, giving you the permission you wanted so badly.

You cupped your hand around his cheek and pulled him in for a kiss. It was such a gentle kiss, and again, it just felt right.

Nothing gross, or scandalous, just something pure, and right. "I love you so much Y/N," Dom confessed.

"I love you too Dom," You said. "I'm not ready for a relationship just yet but I do want to be with you Dom," You explained.

It sounded dumb but made perfect sense at the same time.

You wanted time to process the current breakup and once you were over it, to start again, start again with Dom.

"I understand Y/N, and I'll wait you for you, you know I'm always here," He said, before giving you a forehead kiss.

And wait he did.