Your Moment

Summary: Dom won't let anyone else ruin your moment when you win an award

Author's Note: This is based off the moment of Kanye ruining Taylor's acceptance speech, I put the video above for anyone who hasn't seen it before

Slight age gap?? Reader's age; 18, Dom's age; 24

"I am so, so excited for this!" You said, not being able to stop yourself from clapping your hands together, as your heels hit against the floor of the car, as you sat impatiently. 

You were getting there early for the VMA's, so you could get ready quicker, as you also had the introduction performance, which a lot of people had not been expecting, as you were one of the youngest artists.

Only starting early quarantine, you'd started your music career, and this was your first award show. And you were already nominated in two categories for awards. 

Artist Of The Year, and Best Music Video.

These being the first category you'd ever been nominated and they were such a well known and famous category. So many big people were nominated for those awards.

Olivia Rodrigo, WILLOW, Doja Cat, Lil Nas X, people like that were all nominated for Artist Of The Year. You didn't feel like you could compete with that.

Best Music Video was an equally mind boggling category. WILLOW, Glass Animals, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Blackbear and YUNGBLUD were all people who were nominated.

Dom was the only person you found any comfort in being nominated in the same category as.

He'd, in a way, taken you underneath his wing, giving you advice and tips on how to handle the industry, as well as online fame, as you'd found it so quickly, and so young.

You'd been bored in lockdown, like everyone else. You'd wanted to start making music as early as 2019, but hadn't found the time before 2020.

Then, when the world shut down into lockdown, you just thought, fuck it. What was the worst that could happen? It would either go well, or flop and no-one would have to know about it.

So, from the comfort of your bedroom, you started uploading your music, and demo tapes of your music, across different platforms, to see what would happen.

Then, another singer had heard it, and asked you to use a sample of one of your demo tapes for one of his rap songs. You agreed to this, and then, everything hit all new heights of fame, and recognition.

Then song was a hit on TikTok, it seemed no matter where you went, you couldn't get away from hearing it on anything. 

This made more people check out some of your music that you'd posted before, and another one of your older songs "Angelite" also took off. 

And then, you made the Angelite music video, which a lot of people liked. It had a woman heavy focus, focusing on themes of the divine feminine, a lot of people saying it was the "female gaze"

You were completely overwhelmed. You'd gone from being in your first year of university with barely anyone knowing you, to almost everyone knowing at least one of your songs.

People were arguing online what awards you should be nominated for, some people saying that only having three songs and a demo tape being sampled was enough to be nominated for Artist Of The Year.

Then, in 2021, you released your album L's Lullaby a 7 song album, and again, the world took it straight into their arms, and the album became one of the most popular albums of the year.