Daddy issues

To all my fellow bitches with daddy issues, enjoy

Requested by kagehina0621 // After managing to spend most family events with Dom's family instead, you're forced to have your parents meet Dom. Your dad isn't happy and it ends badly, and Dom is right there to comfort you and let you know it's okay.

You only zoned out as your car drove down to your parents house. Dom didn't try talking to you, he knew sometimes being given your own time was the best thing for you. He was very aware about your strained relationship with your family.

Very specifically, your dad. You never had a good relationship with your dad, you always argued with him, he never could seem to be happy with you, everything you did was always a critique, nothing was praise worthy.

That's why you were happy to get the hell out of your family home, moving out by age 16. But you knew that Dom couldn't just never meet your parents, so since you'd been dating 6 months, you both needed to meet them. 

Both of them lived 2 hours away from you, so here you were, in your car, waiting for this trip to be over and done with. Your anxiety was raging, your leg shaking as you sat. Dom lay his hand over your leg to try relax it.

It helped a little bit and the shaking began to stop but your anxiety was still raging mentally. "It's going to be alright love, I promise," Dom said, trying to relax you as you were getting closer and closer to their house.

Your mind was swarming with worried ideas, what if they hated him, what if an argument broke out, oh god. All of it completely terrified you, and it was even scarier to know that no matter what, it was going to happen.

After around a half hour or so, Dom's car pulled up in the driveway. You felt your body beginning to freeze up, but Dom wrapped his hand around yours as you got up out of the car, heading to the front door.

Trying to keep your thighs from shaking, Dom knocked on the front door. He gave you a comforting smile as the door opened, your mum was there. "Hi Y/N!" She said as she pulled you into a hug.

Your relationship with your mum was a lot better than your dad, so you never really had any bitter feelings towards her. You walked into the house where your dad was. He only nodded to acknowledge you and Dom.

Dom gave you the look, he probably wasn't expecting it to be as awkward as it was. All 4 of you began talking, before the conversation moved to Dom's career. Your dad never approved of careers like Dom's.

He was extremely money focused, his attention was majorly on money, he was obsessed with the whole capitalist idea, invest in property, get a solid business going or climb the ranks in a company, not having a career that could be very unstable.

This caused an argument to start. "Dad! We know what we're doing!" You argued as your dad progressively got angrier and angrier. "NO YOU DON'T!" He shouted back. "YOU'RE BOTH IRRESPONSIBLE!" He added.

Dom's cheeks burnt angrily, he could take anyone giving him abuse but he hated when anyone ever gave you abuse. "All you ever do is say you've got it under control, but you're so childish, you never know what you're doing!" He spat.

"DAD!" You said, beginning to snap. "I know what I'm doing! We have a house, we own the house. We have a career plan, Dom's got a management, we both have a backup plan, we're not entirely stupid," You said.

"Well you certainly fucking act like you are!" He argued as Dom tried to bite his lip, attempting to restrain himself. You hated how he was talking to you and even your mum thought he was overdoing it, but he wasn't listening to her.

You felt your eyes beginning to well, you didn't want to cry in front of him but it was beginning to get a lot more difficult for you. Clenching Dom's hand, you felt your gut felt like it was in a wildfire, as it did when you were angry.

"What about the future?! What if you want kids? Do you have a plan then?" He asked as Dom couldn't hold his tongue anymore. "We don't want kids," He stated plainly as he got angrier and angrier.

"I wish I hadn't had any either," Your dad stated plainly as Dom lost it. He got up, grabbing your arm. "That's it! I'm not listening to this. We're done," Dom said as he opened the door, both of you leaving as he slammed the door behind the two of you.

Both of you got into the car and Dom quickly began driving away. You began breaking out into tears, heaving as you were curled up into the foetal position, trying to comfort yourself, rocking back and forth a little.

"I am so sorry Y/N," Dom said, running his hands up and down your arm with his free hand, trying to calm you down. Since it was late, he decided a hotel was the best idea. He pulled up to the hotel and you did too, drying ur eyes off as you went to the room.

You always kept various things in your purse and makeup wipes were one of them. You wiped off your makeup as you lay down with him. You were grateful for the fact you were only wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

"Oh Y/N, I am so, so, sorry," Dom said, kissing your forehead. "I can't stand him, I can't stand my whole family," You cried, cuddled tightly into his arms. "I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but know you've always got my family," He promised.

Soft cries left your lips as your chest finally began to stop heaving, your body still shaking. "I know, but I haven't got my own blood family other than those arseholes," You said, picking at your lip, your nervous habit.

Dom was waiting on whether to say anything, looking down at you softly, as he wrapped his arms around you. "What are you thinking? Tell me," You insisted as you saw a small smile forming on his face.

"You can always just start one with me,"