July 7th: Death

Dom sat on the couch, unsure of how to break the news to you. Your grandma had been sick for years now, close to 5. Last night, you got the news she was having trouble breathing. Most of your family went up to see her but you and Dom both felt it was too overwhelming for you to go. At around 10pm, Dom got the call he'd been dreading to hear.

She was gone.

The most difficult thing for Dom was trying to figure out how to break it to you. You and your grandma had always been close, you were more like best friends than family. He remembered how close you were whenever you went to see them. You got along so well, it seemed as though there was a special bond between you two.

Since you were already asleep, he let you get a full night of sleep before telling you. He already knew that you were worried about her and had been stressed the whole day. He'd let you be peaceful for as long as possible.

The next morning, you went into the living room, turning on the TV. After skipping through a few channels, Dom came into the living room. Immediately, from the look on his face, you knew something was wrong.

"Y/N? I need to tell you something," He said, sitting down next to you. As much as you should've known, your mind was absolutely blank on what he was going to tell you. "Last night, your grandma passed away," He said. 

The moment you processed the words, it was as though someone had thrown you into an ice bucket.

Immediately, your whole body froze up. You were looking straight ahead, not saying anything, completely blank face. You didn't cry, it seemed there'd been too many tears from the past 5 years to cry anymore.

"C'mere Y/N," Dom said, pulling you into a hug. You slowly wrapped your arms around him, eventually, though there was no contact or warmth to the hug at all. Once you left the hug with Dom, you left the room, heading back for your bedroom, closing the door behind you. Despite you being alone, you still didn't cry.

You just curled up in your covers, hiding your face in them as you just lay. It wasn't that you didn't feel the emotions, there were so many emotions festering within you. But the competition of trying to process them, which is going to come to the surface first, it was all so intense and strong that it seemed none of them could visibly show.

You lay there for a half hour or so before Dom came into the room with breakfast. "You need to eat something darling," Dom said, holding a bowl of cereal. He sat down next to you as you sat up in bed. He passed you the spoon as you slowly ate, not really feeling as though you wanted to do it but you still had no choice but to do it.

Dom kissed your cheek as you ate. "I'm so proud of you darling," Dom said, wrapping his arm around you as you smiled at him softly. "You're so strong my love, you've been through so much," He said.

"And I know you'll get through this. You really will, my love," He insisted. A small smile spread onto your face, remaining for only a few moments before leaving. Once you finished your food, you decided to get changed. Just some comfy stuff, nothing special.

Dom brushed out your hair before tying your hair up. Dom kissed your cheek as you got all your makeup out and ready for the day. He lay his spare hand on your thigh as you reached over for your brushes.

Your way of coping with grief was to try to continue as normal as possible during times like this. Most people saw it as you having a thick skin, but Dom saw through it. He knew you were still as upset and hurt as anyone would be when you lost someone, your method of showing it was not how most people perceive or interpret grief.

Taking your hand, you got up, ready to go for the day. You left the house, your bag in hand. Soon, you arrived at the studio, getting set up for the day. As Dom recorded, your mind spiralled. Your mind raced, coming to terms and accepting the fact that she was gone. You were never going to see her again. As your mind spiralled, tears welled in your eyes.

Slowly, the strong exterior you were trying so hard to keep up fell away as the minutes passed. Tears welled in your eyes and rolled down your cheeks. Hiding your face in your sleeves, you tried not to show anyone how you truly felt. But Dom noticed, seeing how upset you were.

"Oh Y/N, c'mere," Dom said, leaving the recording booth as he lifted you up into his arms and rocked you in his arms. Tears fell wildly down your face as you held him. His arms made you feel so much safer, your emotions were still running wild, but, if you had anything in the world, at the very least you had him.

"It's going to be okay Y/N," He soothed, playing with your hair as he kissed your face. "I know it's going to be difficult, but I'm here for you," He said, holding your hand.

You let out a small sniffle, knowing he was right. You looked in his eyes, his eyes full of care and soft as he looked at you. "We're doing this together, aren't we?" He said. Slowly, you nodded. "I want to hear you say it," Dom said, lifting you to look him in the eyes. 

You paused before slowly saying "We're doing this together,"