Takebacks? - pt 2

Pt 2 to no takebacks!

"Dom! You're on!" Adam called. Dom took the cigarette out of his mouth, putting it out on the ashtray. Dom began heading out to the stage, a smile on his face. It'd been 3 months since you and Dom had broken up.

It'd been difficult but he'd just thrown himself into writing songs, tours, anything and everything he could to distract himself from you. But his sadness had come out in a new song, called love song. It was more a vent than anything else.

He knew he wasn't always the best at love, and he was dying to try change it and be better at it. He wondered if you deserved someone better than he was, someone who could take better emotional care of you.

As he got on-stage, he heard the beginning of 21st century liability. "WELCOME BRIXTON ACADEMY!" Dom shouted as he began singing. He did what he knew he did best, mosh. Just plain moshing.

Bouncing up and down onstage, screaming his lyrics whilst everyone else shouted it back at him. When he sung, he was in his own world, and no-one could damage this world for him, it was his safe place.

The show continued for around half hour or an hour when he noticed a familiar face in the audience. The one he recognized as yours. His heart raced with a mix and whirlwind of different emotions, thoughts and feelings.

He wanted to scream and shout at you to go away and leave him alone, but he was desperate to cuddle you and hug you tightly to him, leave kisses all over your face and tell you how much you meant, but he also had so many questions for you.

"The next song!" Dom said, trying to show you a point. "Is love song!" He said, sitting down on the stool on stage. Strumming his guitar, he began singing. "All I've learned growing up, is that love chewed me up,"

"Spit me out on the pavement, next to the cuts and the blood that my mum and dad would always take out on each other," Your heart sank. You remembered him venting to you about his difficult childhood.

You'd always tried to help him when he felt even worse about it, and you didn't blame him for it. As your attention was brought back to his singing, he was at his chorus. "Nobody taught me how to love myself,"

"So how can I love somebody else? There ain't no excuses, I'm so new to this, I swear that I'm doing my best," You felt tears well in your eyes. As angry as you reacted, you could never truly stay angry at Dom.

Both of you were emotionally driven, you spoke from your hearts rather than your brains. You two had never had a blowout argument, but maybe time for you to both gather yourself was all you needed from each other.

Even though it was only 3 months away, you were in much better places than you were in before. If Dom wanted it, you were more than willing to give him a 2nd chance. Tears welled in his eyes as he wiped them, trying to keep a steady singing voice.

It felt like someone had ripped through your heartstrings, feeling like you were in some way personally responsible for it. Once the concert ended, the first place you went was to Tom and Adam. "Y/N?" Tom said, surprised.

"Is Dom willing to talk? I wanna talk with him," You said, straight to the point. "I'll see," Adam said, disappearing backstage. "Dom?" Adam called. Dom sat backstage, getting dressed into a new outfit, a t-shirt and some jeans.

"Yeah?" He asked, smudged eyeliner down his shirt. "Y/N wants to know if you'll talk to her," He said. Adam saw Dom's eyes light up a little. "Yeah, tell her I'm here," He said, trying to keep calm, though Adam saw right through him.

You saw Adam come in from the hallway. "Dom says you can come, he's in his dressing room," Adam said. You walked past the two of them, walking towards the dressing room. As you walked in, your attention was on nothing but him.

Dom was stood there, his eyes soft. He couldn't help but smile seeing you. As he saw you, he held out his hands in the grabbing motion he did when he wanted hugs. You walked up to him and he wrapped you in the hug.

He'd forgotten how much he missed hugging you. Your hugs were his favourite thing, and this wasn't a normal hug, this was a, "I thought I lost you, please don't let me go again" hug. "I missed you," Dom muttered softly.

"I'm so, so sorry Dom," You confessed, still holding him to you. "I'm sorry too Y/N, both of us were wrong and right at the same time here," He said. "If you're willing, I'd like to give us another shot," He said, looking for your reaction.

"Us?" You asked, lifting out your pinkie like how you always used to make promises with each other. "Us," Dom said, locking his pinkie with yours. He left a soft kiss on your forehead as you both enjoyed just hugging each other.

Tom and Adam walked down, seeing you two through the open door. They looked at each other and smiled. They both suspected that you two would get back together, they knew Dom missed you too much to leave you forever.

Adam reached over for the door, shutting it, giving the two of you some privacy. "I don't ever wanna leave you alone again, my love," He said softly. "I missed you calling me that," You said, your head resting on his shoulder.

Dom left a 2nd kiss, on your cheek this time, still keeping you in a tight hug. "Do you wanna spend the rest of the tour with me? We've got a lot to catch up on," Dom smiled, moving his hair out of his face.

"What kind of madwoman would I have to be to refuse being here with you dumbass?" You laughed.