opening night

story told/requested by Silvermoon1988

desc: katie has her opening night for her show, jekyll and hyde. she's lucy and has a big solo. she's nervous but little does she know, her boyfriend, dom, is in the audience to surprise her, and he is unbelievably proud of her

"this costume is going to be the death of me" katie laughed as the director kept tying the corset she was wearing for the show. they were doing jekyll and hyde, katie had been rehearsing for months. 

she'd been cast as lucy, a pretty major role. and she had a lot of solo songs, but the one she was most worried about was "a new life". it'd been the one she'd struggled most to learn but hopefully it was going to be ok.

she sat down by the wall wide mirror where everyone was passing brushes, bronzers, eyeliners, blushes and eyeshadow around to everyone. she finished her makeup. it looked a little ridiculous for day to day, sure.

but that wasn't the makeup was, it was show makeup. it was meant to look a little silly until you were on stage. "15 minutes until curtain everyone!!" the stage director called. katie smiled softly. she loved this feeling.

sure it was mixed with a little anxiety but it was amazing, hearing the excited chatter of the audience, everyone in costumes, sure a little frantic. but it was worth it. this is what the months of rehearsals were for.

it was all going to be worth it. she sat in the spare room and waited to go backstage. two girls were still finishing their makeup as the show began. two other boys were mouthing practicing lines to each other.

she got up and looked for her props. fuck. where the hell where they?! she went over to the director. the whole cast could lip read so she asked "where the hell are my props?!" she mouthed.

she saw his face drop. "fuck,," he muttered. he ran out of the room into the costume cupboard. he pulled out various random things before he let out a quiet sigh of relief. he pulled out her props, to her relief as well.

"thank you" katie smiled gratefully, taking them. soon, it was time for her first song. she went backstage. and she did what she did best, perform. thankfully, it all went according to plan. she got off stage and waited for the next song.

a few more songs later, act 1 was done. all the actors were relived, a 15 minute interval. "thank fuck" the director muttered as some people scrambled for setting powder and setting sprays. then jekyll lost his props.

honestly the whole cast and crew was surprised the director didn't drop dead when he heard that news. but the girl playing emma found them, 5 minutes before act 2. "katie!" someone hissed under their breath.

"i'm coming!!" she hissed back. the act that'd terrified her since the beginning. a new life. she adjusted the shawl before feeling the mic being adjusted. "ok, good luck" the casting director said before she got backstage.

she silently got backstage before going on-stage. she sat down on the bed, adjusting her hair on cue. then, the music kicked in. then, it all fell away. nothing mattered, nothing else was worth on focusing on.

she just sang. performed. that's what she'd done for years. it was right. it felt perfect. to just sing her heart out, give it her all on stage whilst she still could. the moment felt right, it was the most natural thing in the world.

the 4 minutes of the song felt like 30 seconds. when the song finished, she met a round of applause. but then she heard a voice cheering that she couldn't miss. she'd recognise that doncaster accent anywhere.

she looked around for him and found him 4th seat, 3 rows back. he had tears in his eyes but the smile all across his face showed he was happy. katie nodded her head slightly to acknowledge him before going offstage.

*time skip*

the show was now done. katie changed into her sweatpants and hoodies, taking off her makeup. looking around, she could see the weight lifting off everyone's shoulders. "see you tomorrow night" she said, leaving to outside.

she immediately spotted the neon red haired boy, the biggest grin on his face. she immediately ran to him and he picked her up in his arms. "oh bunny, you did so good" he said, kissing her cheek. she blushed furiously.

"i got you some flowers!" he smiled. she hadn't even seen them yet as he passed the bouquet to her. it was a bouquet of white daises, her favourite flower. she held them close to her chest. "aww, dom they're gorgeous" she beamed.

"no problem darling, come on, let's go home" dom beamed.

a/n, i'm sorry for slow updates, i've just been busy on a new fic but i hope you like this regardless!!