July 20th: Anniversary

As you woke up, you immediately lent over and checked your phone. It was a bittersweet feeling seeing your wallpaper. It was the close up of you and Dom facing each other at the altar on your wedding day, smiles on both of your faces.

Exactly 1 year ago today.

Sighing, you saw a text from Dom covering the wallpaper. You really missed Dom. He was on tour and with the dates out of his control, he was in America on your anniversary date. As crappy as it was, you learnt to accept it.

"Happy anniversary my love, I'm so sorry I can't be there :( I promise I'll get back to ya as soon as I fooking can 🖤🖤 Hope you have a good day, love ya bacon 🥓"

You immediately smiled at the nickname. Bacon had become a pet name Dom used for you, since the first time Dom had stayed overnight once you were dating. After you woke up first, you tried to be romantic and make breakfast in bed for him.

Keeping a long story short, it didn't go to plan, and you gave Dom a lot less romantic waking up. You were trying to make bacon sandwiches, but set off your fire alarm, after burning the bacon. And the rest was history, your nickname was Bacon.

It was confusing to everyone else, even Tom, Adam and Colson still found it odd, no matter how many times you told them the story over and over again. After realising you hadn't replied, you quickly typed back your message.

"Happy anniversary darling, please don't blame yourself for it, ik it's out of your control. We'll have our celebration once you get home, love you to bits, 🖤🖤"

Once you closed your phone, you got another text. This text was from your best friend, Amaya. She was very sarcastic and seemed mean to some, but she was actually really soft, and very sweet at heart. You quickly checked the message.

"YOO DUMMY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I know Dom's out of town and that's shitty asfff I'm sorry, So I'm taking you out to dinner tonight!! My treat!!"

"Aww! Thank you so much!! Where are we going?"

"Anita's @ 6, don't be late"

"You're usually the late one but k"

Anita's was a local restaurant, and she knew it was one of your favourites. You checked the time, it was closer near the afternoon, it was 11:45am. You sighed as you pulled yourself out of your bed, going to the kitchen.

Going to the kitchen, you went through the kitchen before coming up with breakfast for you. Or lunch? Brunch? That'll work. Having some potatoes that were leftover from making fries, you settled on making some hash browns.

Playing music loudly in your house, you danced around the kitchen as you pleased, glad that you could do it freely without the fear of Dom walking in and surprising you, or filming you, which he had done a few times, much to your embarrassment.

After making your breakfast, you sat down and ate, humming to the music as it played. Scrolling through your TikTok and Instagram, you liked some posts from Tom and Dom from the shows. You wouldn't admit it, but it hurt seeing them enjoy it.

You hated seeing them together and being able to be with Dom. Tom and Adam were Dom's friends. You were married to him! For God's sake! Honestly, you tried not to think about it too much, because it would get you too upset.