July 26th: Daddy Dom

"Y/N! Y/N!" Dom's daughter, Carmen, said excitedly as he stepped out of his car, parked in your driveway. She ran up to you, and you picked her up with one arm holding her. "How's my little Carmen?" You asked, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

As sweet as the moment was, it hurt a little to hear Carmen call you by your name. She's only known me since she was 3 and a half, and she only just turned 4 a month ago. Her birth mother walked out when she was 1, so Dom embraced being a single dad.

I saw a few articles and things about it, he did seem an amazing dad. Extremely sweet, nurturing, keeping his daughter out of the public eye for her own safety, physically and mentally, as well as just smaller sweet moments.

My mind goes to the clip where Dom did an interview dressed in an all black and red outfit but on his wrist, was a frayed neon pink and green threaded bracelet, some parts a little loose, some tight, but he wouldn't take it off, because his Carmen made it.

So since we started dating, Carmen's never fully considered me her "Mum". Probably more her dad's girlfriend, than her step-mum. And it hurts, sure, but she's too young to understand. She doesn't really understand the meaning of her words.

"How are you sweetheart?" Dom asked, with a soft smile, kissing my lips. "I'm good," I reply as we walk into my house. Ever since I started being more involved with being a stepparent, I have a lot of her toys around the house.

Some I bought for her, and some were just toys and games which she'd left from sleepovers and visits over to my house. She immediately goes over to one of her dollhouses, and begins to play. "Daddy! Daddy! C'mere!" She says, showing him a doll.

He sits down next to her, and they begin to play dollhouse together. "Can I play?" You ask in a more childlike tone, wanting to join in on the game. But Carmen shakes her head. "We don't have any free dolls, Daddy plays these one," She says, picking up a handful.

"And I play these ones," She adds, picking up a handful of the rest of the other dolls. "Maybe Mummy can play a few," He says, beginning to go through his pile, but she grabs the dolls, shoving them back into his hands, and trying to close his hand.

"NO! NO! You play!" She says, practically screaming. "Okay, okay, I'll stay out of the way," You said in a calm tone, beginning to go upstairs, to give Carmen and Dom some cooldown time. You knew why she was so upset about it.

Only remembering having her dad, you knew it was still difficult for her to get used to having a mum there, and there were still things like this which were difficult. Things like this, games where her and Dom already had the things they did.

You felt yourself getting upset, but tried not to. She was only young, she didn't understand what was so upsetting about it. "Love?" Dom asked softly, coming into your bedroom, and wrapping his arms around you softly.

"C'mere," He said, wrapping his arms around you from behind, kissing all along your neck. "I'm so sorry about that," He said. "No, I know, it's okay," You said quickly, wiping your eyes, trying not to damage your makeup at all.

He smiled softly, kissing your cheek. "You're doing such a good job, being such a good mum. I love you so much," He praised softly, kissing your cheek. You nodded, walking back downstairs, where Carmen was still innocently playing with her toys.

"Hi Mummy!" Carmen said with a smile as you came downstairs. You froze in surprise. She'd done it. It felt as though you were officially her mum, you were so excited and happy about it. You thought Dom might've asked her to do it, but his facial expression proved you wrong.

His mouth dropped open, so surprised and excited. He was literally glowing. "Carmen what did you call her?" He asked. "Mummy," She repeated, innocently, beginning to wonder if she'd done something wrong.

"Oh my god!" He smiled, picking her up, kissing her cheek. You couldn't explain the complete heart rush that you felt. It felt as though you were an actual family, finally one, and that Carmen recognized you as her mum.

A/N: Daddy Dom supremacy 😌