Ch. 71 Bakugo Hates Parties

A/n - just wanted to say a big thank you to all of my readers! This book hit 22k reads, over 1k votes... and #1 dabixreader as of today!!! What!?! I love your comments, they make my day. Much love to all of you! 

Bakugo paced back and forth in his designated area of the ballroom, frustration bubbling underneath his skin and sweat doing the same on the outside. 

He'd already taken off his tux jacket, but now he also loosened his tie and the top buttons of his collar. It didn't seem to help. 

Why were there so many events where he had to wear a tux? How was he supposed to kick ass dressed up like this?

As Bakugo looked over the area he had been assigned, he noticed a door propped open that led to the alley in the back. He walked over and closed it, making a mental note to keep an eye on anyone trying to sneak in through there without an invite.

Of course, the group they were hoping showed up without an invite was the League of Villains.

They had been briefed on the possibility of the League showing up tonight, which was why he was there early with some of the other third years and pros.

They'd been told to look like regular party guests but be on alert.

All these traps and games and secrecy; Bakugo hated all of it.

In Bakugo's eyes, if the heroes were really serious about any of this, they should be taking action rather than waiting for the League to come to them. Offense is the best defense. All of this waiting around felt like bullshit.

But this anger was only a cover for the real anxiety Bakugo was feeling.

As much as he hated to admit it, he knew the half and half bastard could hold his own against anyone; he'd seen it himself.

But her...

Bakugo couldn't deny what he felt around her; there was just something about y/n that made him want to protect her. He was torn between wanting to hide her away where no one else could ever even look at her and wanting to rip her clothes off and fuck her in broad daylight. The best part was that he knew she would probably be into it.

He got hard at just the thought of that time in the tent.

It had been playing on a repeat loop when he let his fantasies take over his brain.

However, a small part of his brain made him wonder if there was more to it than just their insane chemistry. Yes, the sex in the tent had been hot as hell, and, god, she had felt good, but was that time really only just "fun" for her? Was that all it was?

These type of thoughts led to more pacing and more frustration.

"You look crazier than normal," Kirishima said, interrupting these thoughts.

"Whatever, I'm scoping out my area. Don't you have your own spot to patrol?"

"Yeah, I'm over by the food. Not a terrible place to watch." Kirishima took a couple steps back and yelled up to the second floor balcony. "Hey, Kaminari!"

Two heads appeared over the second floor railing, peering down at Bakugo and Kirishima.

"What's up, man?" Kaminari called down, waving his phone in the air. "You guys are missing out on the view Shinso and I have up here. I'll send you a snap."

"You moron," Bakugo growled, "this is a mission; put away your phone."

Almost out of spite, Shinso took out his phone and looked at his texts, just to make sure he hadn't missed anything.