Ch. 145 What is love?

I laid flat on my back in the grass with my eyes closed, my arms and legs all spread out like a big starfish.

Mina sat in the grass on one side of me, playing on her phone. And probably waiting for me to end my tantrum.

"So how long are we doing this?" she asked me. "I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be at training with everyone else. Can we go now or are you still going through.... whatever this is?"

"Mina. How can I possibly do something like training when I can't even decide how I feel?" I whined.

I heard Mina take a deep breath. "Okay," she said slowly. "Then let's talk it out. Describe how you feel."

"Confused."

"About what?"

"Everything."

"Y/n, you have to be more specific or this is literally going to take all day."

"Well...What does it feel like when you're in love? Like, how do you know?"

"Oh lord," Mina said. I could practically hear her rolling her eyes.

"I'm being serious!"

"Oh LORD. Girl, you? In love? No."

"I don't know! Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. This is my struggle. This is why I can't move from right here until I figure this out. I can't be around... him... until I know what I'm feeling. Please help me. I'm begging."

"Let's start here. You cannot be in love with your teacher. He is there for all of us to dream about so you don't get to have him. Not to mention that that's like... illegal."

"What? No – I'm not talking about Aizawa."

"Oh," she said, sounding surprised, "then go for it! You and Tamaki will make cute little indestructible sea creature babies!"

I sat up at that.

"That sounds...weird? He's perfect and I could totally see myself with him but...I wasn't talking about him. And I'm not making babies with anyone."

"Listen," Mina said. "I can't with this. You have too many side hoes. You tell me who we're talking about."

I groaned and flopped back down in the grass.

We were silent for a second before Mina spoke.

"Oh. OH. Girl, no," Mina said, grabbing my arm and pulling me back up. "Don't go down that road. Keep that light and fun. Bakugo isn't the love type."

"He isn't?"

"Sex type, sure. But love? I don't think he does that."

"Really? How do you know?"

"Well, first, I've never even seen him in a relationship. That's a sign."

"A sign of what?"

"Classic fuck boy. Plenty of girls have liked him over the past three years, but no long term relationship? There has to be a reason for that."

I thought about myself. Even though it had lasted for months, I wasn't counting the thing with Endeavor as a relationship. And I'd only dated Shinso for a couple weeks.

"A fuck boy? But, Mina, I haven't been in a long-term relationship in forever either."

"And now you've made my point," she laughed.

"Shut up!" I laughed back, playfully hitting her arm.

"I bet the sex is great though, right?"

"Oh, you have no idea."