Ch. 22 Jealous Much?

The next day after school I knew I was going to find Katsuki at the gym. He was lifting weights when I got there, so I snuck in hoping he wouldn't notice me right away.

Unfortunately, that's when my phone decided to ring. I scrambled to search for it in my bag, but Katsuki had already turned around to see me.

"Are you going to answer that?" he asked, turning back to the weights.

"No." I silenced the phone. "Actually, I'm here to kick your ass."

That made him pause.

"Ha. Like you could."

Watching him lift weights, I felt my insides twisting. I needed him to spend time with me. No, I wanted him to spend time with me. Or I wanted to spend time with him? Honestly, I was confused about all of it. Logically, I knew that Katsuki was my best source of info about the League, since he had been kidnapped by them, but aside from that, I didn't want him mad at me. And I genuinely wanted to be around him.

"You're right. Little old me could never run faster than someone as big and strong as –"

"Shut up, let's go," he interrupted. "The indoor track, now."

I rushed to follow him. "Okay but you can't use your quirk. Let's keep it fair. Run the length of the track and then back to the weight room? Oh and try not to knock me over this time," I said, reminding him of the day we met.

"Fine. What do I get when I win?"

"When you lose, you'll be buying me dinner tonight," I said.

A few minutes later, I had almost beat him to the doors. I was a decent runner, but I was had no clue how fast he was going to be.

The thought flashed through my head - Was he letting me win?

Or was I actually just a tiny bit faster than him?

I pushed my legs to go faster as I took the last few steps to the weight rooms doors, reaching out to pull the door handle, knowing that Katsuki was right behind me.

And that's when the door opened directly into my face.

And everything went black.

When I opened my eyes again, I wasn't on the ground. I was almost sitting up. I was... in Katsuki's arms. "What just happened?"

"I'm so sorry, y/n!"

The redhaired boy kneeling next to me looked pained. Kirishima's eyes were full of concern. He told me how he had pushed open the weight room door, not knowing that I was running full speed toward it on the other side. That's when he heard the crack as it hit me directly in the face, and he was shocked that it hadn't broken my nose or caused any bruises.

I pretended to be shocked too, even though I knew my healing quirk had done its job.

"Your face isn't bruised right now, but they might form tomorrow. I can't tell you how sorry I am," he said, reaching out a hand to help me up.

Katsuki only wrapped his arms around me tighter. "Don't move her, idiot," he said.

"Why are you holding me so tightly?"

He grumbled and let me go.

"If you're sure you're okay..." Kirishima said. "I have to go but please know how sorry I am. I will be more careful next time, I promise."