Ch. 58 Encounter by the Bathroom

I have lost my mind.

Staring into the bathroom mirror, I knew the face looking back at me. It was my own. The same face I saw every day. And yet, who was this person who had been making out with the leader of the League of Villains in the back of a dark bar?

Gripping the sides of the sink, I tried to steady myself. The alcohol was making me woozy, and I was having trouble focusing.

I knew where the back door to the bar was. It wasn't far from the bathroom. I could make it out the door fairly quickly before Shigaraki noticed.

But then what?

Where would I go?

Go back to the apartment? Back to the life Endeavor was paying for? Fuck that. 

What good would that do anyway? I was pretty sure all of that was over.

There was no reason for school anymore.

I thought of the last thing I'd said to Shinso that night at the campsite.

I'd pushed away the one person who actually cared about me.

But the alternative was to stay with the League of Villains as what, their official healer? Was I a villain now?

I couldn't even do that well.

There were no good choices.

Pull it together.

I took a deep breath, put up the hood on the black hoodie, and pulled open the door to leave the bathroom. Walking out, I practically bumped into the person going by.

"Sorry," I mumbled, keeping my eyes on the floor and continuing to walk down the hall.

I hadn't made it two steps before I heard a familiar voice.

"Y/n?"

I stopped cold.

The person came up from behind and pulled down my hood.

"Y/n," he said, realizing it was me and then enveloping me in a tight hug. "It is you. You're okay. You are okay, right?"

"Hawks...," I said, maneuvering out of his arms.

"What are you doing here? Let's go. Are you drunk? No, wait, it doesn't matter. I'm taking you to Endeavor right away."

I took a step back.

"Y/n?" Hawks asked, confused.

"Hawks... I'm not going with you, especially not to him."

"What?"

"I'm not leaving with you."

Hawks stared at me, not believing what he was hearing. "Have you lost your mind?"

"Maybe?"

"You have lost your mind. Endeavor is ready to burn the city to the ground over the League taking you. I'm sure he will take you back if you just play nice. Trust me, kid - "

Oh no, he didn't.

"Trust you?" I spit back. "Because that has worked out so well for me so far. No offense but you don't get to say that to me," I said, starting to walk past him.

He grabbed my shoulders, stopping me.

"I don't understand any of this, but I'm not leaving you here. I'm taking you to Endeavor."

"Hell no. I'm not going back. As fucked up as the League is, they at least treat me as someone important. If I can just stay with them a little longer, they'll trust me. Dabi has opened up and Shigaraki's a weirdo but in sort of a cute and quirky kind of way.""

"They're using you, y/n."

"So is everyone else. Sorry, Hawks, pretend you didn't see me." I started to walk away again.

"Hey wait! Are you here by yourself?"

I just kept walking.

"I said wait!"

But he was fast. He dashed up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, one hand covering my mouth. I struggled against his hold, but Hawks held firm and dragged me down the hall. I tried screaming, but his hand muffled the sounds.

"I'm sorry I have to do this," he said, "but you're not giving me much choice."

--

Shigaraki sipped his drink, impatiently waiting for her to return. He didn't want y/n out of his sight, but he also couldn't exactly escort her to and from the bathroom. Still, he didn't like it.

He smiled to himself, remembering the feeling of her hands on his neck and shoulders. He was a hand connoisseur after all, and these hands, her hands, were going to belong to him from now on.

He was pleasantly imagining all of the ways he was going to tell Dabi that she was his now when he glanced at the bar and his mood suddenly changed.

Both Eraserhead and Hawks. Here.

He could only think of one reason why they would be together.

This was not the moment for a confrontation, especially when he was outnumbered. And she wasn't back yet.

When he saw Hawks walk back toward the bathrooms, he felt his anger start to build up. No way were they taking her, no way he was letting anyone else have her, especially Endeavor's side kick. Not when they had just gotten started.

He tossed some money on the table and slipped out of the booth, heading toward the back. He checked both bathrooms. She wasn't there. 

Slamming open the back door and stepping into the alley, Shigaraki looked around to see if there was any trace of them out there. 

Nothing he could see. 

Until he looked in the sky. 

Shigaraki quickly sent off a series of texts, his fingers shaking with rage.