Ch. 89 Put Me Down, Now.

"Huh?"

I looked at Shinso blankly.

"I know it's out of the blue," he said, still holding my hand as we sat on the steps. "But you needed to know. I love you."

"Um..." I said, trying to make my brain work. "I need to go... we need to go... there's... class...or something?" My words weren't coming out right.

Shinso just told me that he loved me, so why did I feel this overwhelming sense of panic?

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I just... I just need some time..."

"You don't have to say it back," he said.

"Yeah...o-okay..." I stammered.

"But I hope this explains some of the reason why I acted like that."

I honestly didn't know what to say so all I said was, "I think class is starting."

"You're right. Let's go in," he said, standing up and keeping my hand in his.

Everything felt foggy and confusing. I knew Shinso wasn't using his quirk, so maybe I was just in shock.

One minute he's telling Bakugo that I use people and the next he's saying that he loves me? None of this made sense.

That's probably why I didn't do anything about it and let him hold my hand as we walked into the school.

I still in a weird frame of mind as we walked into the classroom until I heard a snap and looked up.

Katsuki had broken a pencil in half.

He was staring at the two of us.

Next to him, Kirishima sank down in his own desk, as if he knew this was going to be bad.

But before anyone could say anything, Present Mic walked in, loud as ever, his voice filling the silent room.

Shinso and I quickly dropped hands and walked to our seats.

Aizawa apparently wasn't teaching today, because we were with Present Mic all day. There was something comforting about his loud voice because it meant I didn't or couldn't think about anything else.

A buzz from my phone brought me back to reality.

Hiding my phone under my desk, I saw a text – just a picture of clothes.

My clothes. A couple shirts, a skirt, my underwear.

I texted back.

Y/n: Those are my clothes that I left there. Can you bring them to me?

Shigaraki: No they're mine now

Y/n: I don't think they're your size

Shigaraki: More like they're my souvenirs

Y/n: Now you sound like a serial killer

Shigaraki: They smell like you

Y/n: Did you at least wash them?

Shigaraki: No

Y/n: Freak

Shigaraki: Don't act like you aren't one too

"What are you over there giggling about like a moron?" Katsuki whispered to me from his desk, not that anyone could hear much over Present Mic anyway.

"Nothing!" I hissed back, hiding my phone.

"Whatever," he said under his breath, rolling his eyes. "Hey," he whispered again, getting my attention. "Where were you all weekend?"