Ch. 163 Pro Hero Shigaraki

Someone was poking me...with their foot? What the fuck?

"Look alive, little girl, I'm busting you out of here."

"Huh?" I opened my eyes as much as I could, shivering on the cold floor. My face was plastered against the concrete flooring, a little pile of drool under my cheek. How long had I been asleep?

"Can you stand up?"

I could hardly open my eyes; did he really think I could stand up and just walk on out of here?

"In another circumstance," he said, crouching beside me, his hand gently pushing my hair out of the way, "I would like the sight of mascara running down your face, but right now... you look terrible."

"Huh?" I said again, trying to make sense of what was happening. Damn, I was tired. "Tomura?"

Hands were helping me sit up, his hands, a jacket going around my shoulders. I had the sudden impulse to rip this fucking golden dress off and just be naked. But I didn't. Nor did I have the energy to.

"I know you're not hurt, but that's a lot of blood all over you. Oh. Right. I've seen this before," he said, his eyes trying to figure out what was going on. "You tried to heal someone, didn't you?"

"Katsuki...where..."

"You really need to practice with your quirk more. You can't end up like this every time you try to heal someone, you know. Isn't that school teaching you anything?"

"You..." I mumbled, Tomura's red eyes blinking back at mine. "You're here? To get me?"

"I don't leave team members behind. Now let's go."

He stood up to walk away, but without him holding me upright, I flopped back down on the floor.

"Oh, come on," I heard him mutter before crouching down again to try to sit me up. "Now stand up."

"I can't," I told him, tears threatening the corners of my eyes. After everything that had happened, I felt weak both physically and emotionally. "Tomura...I fucked everything up."

I'd signed a marriage license. A marriage license. It was my fault that Katsuki had followed me and who knows where he was or what they had done to him. And now I was married to that asshole murderer? I only started crying harder.

"You don't get to decide that," he said, his hands on my shoulders trying to steady me. "Why are you crying? Stop that."

"I did something," I said, slumping against his chest, unable to stop the tears. "I signed something. He's alive, I think, but... I fucked up."

Tomura didn't move as I started sobbing against his shirt. After a second I felt his hands hesitantly sort of tap around me in what I could only assume was his version of a hug. 

Whatever, after everything that had happened in the past few hours, any amount of comfort was welcome. 

"Can you, like, stop?" he asked.

I couldn't.

"Y/n," he said. "Will you stop sniffling and listen to me for a second?"

"No," I sniffed. "Let me wallow in self-pity."

"Can you wait to wallow until we get out of this fucking place?"

"But I screwed it all up. It's because of me that he was even here, and now he's... I don't even know where he is. This is all my fault. I thought I could do this on my own. I'm such an idiot."

"You don't get to decide that," he repeated. "Stop. Look at me."

I sniffed back snot and tears to look up at him.