Ch. 13 The One Where Endeavor Ruins Everything

The morning after the party, I woke up to the sound of texts beeping. Groaning, I saw a ton of texts from last night and early this morning. Most were the girls asking about last night since someone had apparently told them that they saw me leaving with a boy with purple hair. Mina had sent the girls a picture of Shinso and I talking. Awesome.

Tsu: Are you interested in him?

Ochaco: He kinda scares me

Mina: Tell us the details nowwwwwww

Hagakure: Jirou, did you kiss Denki??!?!?

Then a few from the boy who didn't even go to the party:

B: Idiot did you go home by yourself

B: You better be okay

B: So you could text the girls but not me, huh

B: Deku is hiding from me

B: If I don't hear from you, I'm going to come there myself

And one from purple hair

S: Morning. Hope your head doesn't hurt too badly. When's our date?

I decided to wait on responding to any of them for the moment. My head kept thumping and the sun made it too bright to even look at my phone, much less type. I covered my head with a pillow to try to drown out the sun. All I wanted was coffee and some greasy food. Just as I was closing my eyes again, I heard a voice bark at me:

"Look alive, idiot."

I sat up straight and saw Bakugo standing at the end of my bed. What the hell. "What are you doing in my room? How did you get in here?"

"How dumb can you be? You leave with some rando last night and then you don't even bother to lock your door when you get home."

"Ever heard of knocking?"

"I did, you didn't answer." That sounded familiar.

"You are talking so loudly," I said, holding my head in my hands.

"Your room is a mess."

"No shit, I didn't know I was having visitors." I then realized I had thrown my dress from last night on the floor. I also realized I was only wearing an old shirt and underwear, so I grabbed my blankets and covered myself up.

"I brought you coffee since I knew your dumbass would need it after last night."

My ears perked up at the word coffee. "Oh my god why didn't you start with that?" I jumped up, forgetting my earlier modesty, and ran into the kitchen.

On the counter I saw a coffee and a Powerade.

"You are my hero," I told him. I heard him grunt in response and noticed that he was trying not to look at me since I wasn't really dressed.

"Sorry hold on." I ran into my bathroom and grabbed some sweatpants from the closet in there. "Okay but seriously," I said, coming back out. "You are amazing. What are you doing today?"

"Looks like I'm taking care of you."

"I like the sound of that," I smiled. "But first, I'm going to take a shower."

"You're going to take a shower... like right now?"

"Yeah? I feel gross after last night. It's a shame that you look already clean," I winked. He just rolled his eyes. "If you want to watch tv the remote is over there somewhere," I said motioning to my nightstand.

After I showered I felt mostly normal again. I changed into some leggings and a tank top. When I came out of my bathroom, he was on my bed watching tv. I could get used to seeing him like this. It felt... normal.

But of course, the universe hates me, because as soon as I had that thought, I heard a knock on my door. It was that kind of knock. The big booming kind of knock that comes from the big booming man.

Shit shit shit.

Bakugo looked annoyed. "Who the fuck is banging like that on your door?"

Play it cool, play it cool.

"Probably just delivery to the wrong apartment," I said as casually as I could muster. "I'll find out." I left the bedroom and closed the door behind me, hoping he wouldn't think that was weird. Then I ran to my front door and opened it, practically jumping onto the other side and shutting it behind me.

The big man was not pleased.

"Do you have someone in there?" Endeavor growled. "The dead bolt was latched."

I folded my arms across my chest. "Why do you care?"

"Don't start with me," he said, pulling me closer by my tank top strap. He leaned down and whispered in my ear. "Get whoever it is out of there."

"Fine, but you need to leave while I do that."

"Why? Do I know this person? Did they spend the night?"
"It's that everyone knows you. Just go, okay? It wouldn't be a good look for the number one hero to get recognized outside a girl's apartment."

He tightened his grip on my tank top, pulling me even closer. "I'm coming back in ten minutes."

Back in my apartment, I looked out my window where I saw his black SUV still running on the street outside the building. I shook my head. He didn't even bother to have his driver park the car in a lot. Guess this wasn't going to be an all day affair.

"What's going on?" I heard Bakugo ask from my bedroom. Time to deal with this now...

"Wrong apartment," I lied, walking back in there. "You should probably go though. I feel a thousand times better after a shower and some coffee. It was really nice of you to bring these by."

"Hmf. You're lucky you don't live far from school," he said, standing up and gathering his keys and wallet.

"No, really," I said quietly. "Thanks. I don't deserve this."

We walked to my front door, but before I could open the door, his expression changed, and he stared intently at me. "That's where you're wrong."

Before I knew it he had grabbed me, wrapping his arms around me and enveloping me in a hug.

"What's this for?" I mumbled as he pressed me tight against his chest.

"Look... I'm only going to say this once. I don't know what your deal is, but you're more of an idiot than I thought if you think I don't notice that something is weird with you. And.. last night when I heard you left, and I didn't know where you were... and then I heard you left with some random dude. I wanted to rip his head off... I don't get you at all. So I'm letting you know that one day, when you stop being a dumbass... I guess I'm trying to say... that I'm here."

I buried my face in his shirt and realized I was crying. I didn't dare look up at him. I wanted to tell him how even just his presence made me feel safe, how much I loved that he didn't expect anything of me, how he knew I could be annoying but he still brought me coffee to make me feel better. But I didn't say any of those things. I couldn't.

"I'm going to text you later and you better respond," he said, leaving my apartment.

I watched him head down the hall and leave the building from my window. He walked past the black car still running on the street. If Endeavor's in that car, then I know he saw Bakugo too.

Great.

My door opened a few minutes later.

"Are you done now?" he asked, looming over me.

I nodded.

"Good. Now get in the bedroom."