Ch. 155 Shigaraki Visits UA

"That piece of shit, low-life, wanna-be did what?"

"You heard me," Dabi said as he sat on top of Shigaraki's desk. "Microchipped her as if she were his dog. Said he was y/n's 'owner' now."

"That arrogant bastard thinks he can -- "

"So when do we get our people out of there," Dabi asked, "and murder the son of a bitch?"

Shigaraki scratched his neck. Then scratched his neck some more and thought about how he wished he had y/n's healing hands around on a regular basis. Or at all.

"I need to think."

"Look, you do what you want," Dabi said. "I don't care what deal he made with you, but this is me giving you a heads up that this shit isn't going to fly with me. I don't plan on killing him right away, but I do plan on torturing him as long as I feel like it. And if you try to get in my way-"

"Stop being so dramatic," Shigaraki interrupted with a wave of his hand. "It's not like he's going to kill her. And get off my desk."

Dabi didn't move. "How the fuck do you know? He's psychotic and she likes to mouth off."

Shigaraki scoffed.

"You're telling me that she's the one giving the heroes intel on Overhaul?" Shigaraki asked. "That she'll find out where he is and then they'll take him down?"

"That's what I'm hearing. The new number one is working with a team of those UA kids."

"Oh really?" Shigaraki gave Dabi a suspicious look. "Then it sounds like our work has been done for us. Let them take the hit. If her little hero friends are on it, we might not have to do anything at all, and some heroes get killed in the process. Sounds win-win. When is this happening?"

"Supposedly this week."

"This week, huh?" Shigaraki scratched at his neck and walked toward his office door. "That's going to mess up our date."

Without another word Shigaraki headed down the hall to the bar. Reluctantly, Dabi got down from the desk and followed him out.

"Your date?" Dabi asked when he caught up to him.

"Yes, our date. Y/n agreed to go on a date with me."

Dabi wrinkled his face in disgust. "Why?"

The two men sat down at the bar and Kurogiri put two drinks in front of them. Before Dabi had a chance to take his, Shigaraki tapped Dabi's glass, a pile of ash appearing in its place.

"Dabi, apparently you need to be reminded that you're not her owner as well."

"Whatever," Dabi said, motioning for another drink. "I'm sure it's a pity date. So in the meantime? We let that psycho pretend like she belongs to him?"

"She definitely doesn't belong to you. You can go play with your feathery boyfriend and I'll step in to take care of y/n and Chisaki."

"Fuck you. I don't have to listen to this bullshit," Dabi said, downing his new drink in one gulp. "I'm going to make Overhaul pay and then I'm out. You can find yourself someone else to pick up your slack. Then Y/n and I will-"

"Will what? You and her will what, exactly?" Shigaraki rolled his eyes. "Ride off into the sunset together? Get a grip. If you think you offer her anything other than a life of hiding in the shadows, you're sorely mistaken. Hate to break it to you, but your ugly ass is pretty recognizable."

Dabi barked out a laugh. "If only I knew someone with a healing quirk."

Shigaraki cut his eyes over to Dabi. "In your dreams. While you've been gone, I've set some plans in motion already. Just be ready."