Ch. 133 We're Going to Get Expelled

"Why are you lying? You obviously know this Kai person."

"I...I..." I needed to think quickly before responding to Katsuki. "I was enjoying this moment with you," I said, which was true. I moved to try to get back into the hug we'd been sharing only a few seconds ago. "I didn't want to spoil it by talking about some guy." Also true.

He backed away slightly, holding me out at arm's length, his face serious.

"Some guy, huh?"

Oh, you know, just the leader of the entire criminal underground that you are currently training to defeat. Obviously I couldn't say that, so I nodded.

"Don't insult me by keeping secrets. Whatever it is, I can handle it. Out with it."

I sighed. He was right. If there was a good person to have in my corner, it was definitely him. But would he still be in my corner if he knew what I'd been up to? Would he understand why? Or would he just call me naive again? There was only one way to know...

"Katsuki, you're right. I need to tell you something. Something I should have told you awhile ago, but I didn't know how you would react."

His red eyes narrowed at me, but I couldn't read the expression on his face.

"Say it then."

I took a deep breath. "First I need you to know that I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was worried about how you would feel, toward me, once you knew."

He pulled me back closer, tucking my head under his chin. "You know how I feel towards you. It hasn't changed since that first night when I tried to take you on a date."

I chuckled, remembering my pathetic attempt at trying to get information from him. "And we ended up just making out in my apartment." 

"As soon as I realized that you weren't wearing any underwear that night, I knew you were a little freak. And I liked it. Still do. So tell me whatever the hell it is." 

"Right. Okay. So. Here we go. Katsuki, I - "

Right then our classmates started streaming out of the main building, heading toward us.

"Let's go, man!" Kirishima said, slapping Katsuki on the back. "You missed the whole meeting, but I'll fill you in. You and I get to go against each other!"

I watched Kirishima pull him away with him as they followed our other classmates.

"This isn't finished," he called back to me over his shoulder as Kiri dragged him away.

"I know."

"And stay away from her, icy hot!" he shouted as Shoto appeared at my side.

"No."

Shoto turned to me instead. "We're supposed to go to the training area now," he said, taking my hand in his. "Walk with me?"

As if there was any question.

"You know that we're together, right?" Shoto said, squeezing my hand as we walked.

"Together?"

"Yes. You and me."

"Me and you? Shoto, uh...I like you a lot but I don't know..."

"I do. I saw the list while you were out here. We're paired up for this afternoon's training."

"Oh!" I said exhaling a sigh of relief. "Okay. What are we doing exactly? You know there's no way I can fight you, right? That's not really my thing."