Ch. 49 Bedroom Discovery

"Looks like you got comfortable here real fast," Dabi said, stomping around his room.

"I told you I don't belong to you. Now show me where my new room is."

"And let you out of my sight? Forget that. I've learned that lesson."

I weighed my options, considering how I could make sure that Dabi knew that I wasn't scared of him. The jerk had left me alone for two days with no one to talk to, nothing to do, and no phone to even play on. He deserved to be frustrated.

But damn, he looked sexy when he was mad.

"You know," I said, twirling my hair in my fingers, "I bet I could take you in a fight if I had to."

"You are delusional."

"I don't think so. Apparently, all a girl has to do around here is show a little skin. You guys are really that starved for attention?"

Dabi marched across the room, staring straight at me. "I think I need to set the record straight with you. You're welcome to try to. fight me, but you are staying here with me. You are not leaving this room. You will not let other men touch you."

"So bossy," I said rolling my eyes and yawning as he approached.

Dabi picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "You think I can't tame that mouth of yours?" he asked, tossing me on to the bed and moving to get on top of me.

"I'd like to see you try." I paused, the sight of him crawling up me, eyes locked with mine, was depleting any energy I had to resist him. "Like, for real, I would like that."

"After that little show you just put on, I don't think I should give you anything you'd like," he growled.

"As if you could," I shot back. "At least it's obvious Shigaraki knows what to do with his fingers."

"Are you always such a bitch?"

His mouth was on mine.

These were hot, rough kisses, desperate kisses, kisses that made me forget what I had been talking about. His fingers raked through my hair and pulled my head toward him. I eagerly kissed him back. He tasted... warm.

We broke apart and stared into each other's eyes.

"If you keep looking at me like that," he growled, inches from my face, "I'll have to do that again."

Instead, this time I pulled him to me.

As we kissed, I let my hands wander on his arms, snaking my fingers up his sleeves. Each time my fingers touched his scarred skin, it felt like a little electric shock, a tiny jolt to the system both of us seemed to feel. At my touch, his skin felt like fire under my fingertips, and even the rough patches felt smooth and hot. The tips of my fingers tingled as I traced his elbows and up to his shoulders then back down to his wrists.

Suddenly he stopped, moving back off me.

"Is that all you got?" I asked, trying to catch my breath. But Dabi wasn't even looking at me anymore.

I sat up on my elbows. "Hello?"

Dabi looked back at me, his eyes searching mine. "What are you... what have you done?" There was panic in his voice.

"Huh?"

Then I saw it.

Oh shit.

He held out his arms, and I immediately knew.

Several spots on his arms were no longer scarred. Instead of the uniform rough scar, there were tiny patches of beautiful, smooth new skin, pink and perfect.

Dabi grabbed my hands, flipping them back and forth, staring at them as if trying to understand what had just happened. "You... you did this?"

"Uh...well..."

"Damn it, say something."

"So....funny story...apparently I can kind of heal things? Sometimes?"

Dabi looked at me like I had grown five heads. I probably deserved that.

"Do you know what this means? I'm not talking about me, even. We've never had a healer on our team. With someone who can heal others, you could go out on each mission as a back up. There are so many possibilities that weren't open before."

"Whoa, slow down there, buddy," I said, holding up my hand to stop him from going further. "This is only the second time that's ever happened, and I didn't even do it on purpose."

Dabi started to laugh.

"He doesn't know, does he? All this time Endeavor had you, and he had no idea what a valuable prize he had. He was probably too self-absorbed to even take the time to figure it out. Am I right?"

"Uh... maybe. I mean, I never told him. And he's an ass, but you're kind of obsessed with him."

Dabi stood up and began to pace around the room.

"This changes everything," he muttered to himself, staring at his arms as he paced. "I need to find out if he knows or not. Who else knows that you can do this?"

"Only Eraserhead, Aizawa. And Todoroki knows I can heal myself, but not the rest."

"Little girl, you chose interesting people to share this information with."

"It wasn't entirely intentional. I don't have control over any of it. I've never had any training or anyone to show me how to use it. Shoto tried to help, but we didn't get very far."

"So even little Shoto has faults." He shook his head. "Just think about the power you could have. To give or withhold medical attention. Imagine what you can do with that."

"Like help people? Honestly, you're creeping me out right now."

Dabi sat next to me and took off his shirt. He grabbed both of my hands and placed them on the scars on his chest, holding onto my hands as they pressed against him.

"Do it again."

"It doesn't work like that. At least I don't think it does."

Still holding my hands on his bare chest, his blue eyes looked intently down at me. I'd probably do anything for those eyes. "Try."

"Okay... " I closed my eyes, trying to think of what I had done the two times I had healed someone. What did today and that time with Aizawa have in common? In both situations, an emotional reaction had led to the physical healing. Fear and passion. I tried to bring those emotions to the surface again right now, but when I opened my eyes, nothing had happened.

"See? I don't think it works like that. I have to feel something."

"You were definitely feeling something earlier. Do I have to fuck you to get you to heal me?"

I smirked. "I didn't say that, you did. But I can't do that. If I did in any visible areas, people would know. Are you going to tell Shigaraki?"

"Forget him. Didn't I tell you that you're mine?" His grip tightened on my hands.

"I never agreed to that," I said, trying to pull back a little. "You're holding me hostage."

"Especially now. If I have you, every time I use my fire I can use you as a back up plan. I can go so much harder knowing that you're there to fix any damage I do to my body."

"Yeah, so, this is why I didn't tell anyone."

Dabi's eyes were wide and glittering. 

"You and I, little girl, are going to be an unstoppable team."