Ch. 150 Join the Club (Bakugo POV)

A/n: Here's the same scene, but from boom boom boy's POV. :) Thanks for hanging in there for 150 chapters! 

Thank god those assholes were leaving me alone for a damn minute.

I'd already spent the afternoon training with them; the last thing I wanted to do was spend one more fucking minute around any of them. Yet for some reason everyone kept yapping the whole damn afternoon about stupid bullshit.

It was all noise, but all the noise and explosions in the world couldn't seem to drown out what the stupid phone charger had said.

That she was in love with someone else.

"I don't know what happened last night but it's probably because y/n just realized that she's in love with that Amajiki dude."

His words wouldn't get out of my brain; they kept replaying in my head on a loop. Had zombie face somehow got in my brain? No, he looked just as dumb as everyone else right now. 

If Kaminari had said she loved anyone else, I would have completely ignored him. That's what I normally did when that dumbass talked anyway.

It's not like I didn't know that the octopus dude was obsessed with her. Any idiot could see it on his face. I should have seen this coming when the night before we left for camp she spent it with him and not me. I thought she was just mad about that tracker necklace, but apparently it was more than that.

So for the past couple hours, I'd alternated between wanting to destroy every tree in this stupid fucking forest and smashing a hole so deep in the ground that I could crawl in and no one could find me.

Right now all I wanted to do was sit in front of the fire and think about how the one person I actually wanted to be around was nowhere to be found.

Even Aizawa was being shady as fuck about her being gone. I'd heard rumors about him.... Not that I believed them, but I'd heard them. 

When I'd asked Aizawa where she was, he just said she had to go do something and that was it. As if I wouldn't see that for the fucking lie it was, the shady bastard.

Just as I was about to get up, since I'd put in my time at this stupid bonfire, I felt something next to me, and without even looking, I knew it was her.

"Where have you been?" I asked her, doing my best to hide the relief I felt now that she was back.

She didn't answer me, but she put her head on my shoulder, and just like that the world was okay again.

It was as if all of my tension suddenly melted away. Damn, it was nice having her next to me again. I don't know what it was, but everything just felt easier with her right there.

Dunce face was wrong. He had to be.

This girl was mine.

And if I could hang in there long enough, she was going to realize it, too.

I put my arm around her and leaned my head against hers.

"Take a walk with me?" she asked.

I hesitated at first because.... Well... It was small, almost too small to even recognize, but the tone of her voice made me suspicious. Something was up, but she was trying to hide it. As if I wouldn't fucking notice.

"Right now? In the dark?" I asked.

"What, are you scared or something?" she asked.

Okay, she was joking around, so maybe whatever was going on wasn't terrible.