Ch. 83 You Owe Me

A/N **You guys... This was tough to write. Gear up for an emotional roller coaster 😫***

We laid in his bed, the sheets damp from our sweat, my naked body draped over his.

"I have to work again tonight."

I groaned, wrapping my arms tighter around him.

"He... " Shinso hesitated, "he asked me to bring you with me sometime this week."

"Who?"

"Him. My boss. Overhaul."

I picked my head up to make sure he wasn't joking around with me. But Shinso's face was serious.

"Hard pass," I said.

Shinso sighed. "You know I can't tell him no."

"You know I don't want to go anywhere near that psycho. And I can't believe you'd want me to either."

"I don't want you to. I don't like you being anywhere but right here," he said, squeezing me against him. "But... y/n, you've seen him."

"He's terrifying. Shinso, how do we get you out of this?"

He sighed again. "I honestly don't know."

"I think this is beyond what you and I can do on our own," I said. But then I remembered what I was supposed to be doing later. I hadn't told Shinso about Aizawa's visit to my dorm or the apology dinner he was supposedly making me. "What if I went to Aizawa to see if he could help?"

Shinso gently pushed me off him, rolling over on his side to face away from me. Apparently that had been the wrong thing to say.

"We could go see Aizawa together," I tried again, rubbing my hands on his bare back. "Surely he knows someone who could help."

"And say what, y/n? And say what? That I have been working for a known murderer? I'd be expelled."

"It's not your fault."

"I reached out to him. I agreed to work there. Me. Just me."

"I totally get wanting to take responsibility. I've been there. From my own experience, Aizawa is pretty understanding."

Shinso rolled back to look at me, his expression not amused.

"Sure he is, if you're the hot girl he's fucking."

Damn.

"Besides, I already told Overhaul that I would bring you. So it's settled."

For the next few moments, we laid in silence. Finally, I got up, looking around for my clothes. Instead of my dress from earlier I grabbed the shirt Shinso had been wearing and put it on with my underwear.

"It's settled, huh?" I asked, irritated by the way he was acting. "I don't get any say in this?"

"Y/n... You owe me."

I wasn't sure I heard him right.

"What?"

"I said, you owe me," Shinso repeated.

"No. That's not how this works."

"I basically sold my future to help you. And then... and then... "

"And then what?"

Shinso avoided my eyes. "And then I hear that while I was doing that, the leader of the League of Villains had this new pet he couldn't keep his hands off of. While I made a deal with one devil, you were...I guess you were getting cozy with another."