Ch. 14 Rooftop Visitor

I listened to Endeavor in the shower as I laid in my bed. He came out of the bathroom in one of my towels. I guess, like everything else in my apartment, they were technically "his" too. I wished that I could complain that he acted like he owned the place, but truthfully, he did own this place. As much as I would like to pretend it wasn't the case, I was just a visitor living in the apartment he paid for.

From the door way of my bathroom, he stared at me still lying in the bed. "Get up and get dressed," he said. "We need to leave."

"We? Where are we going?"

"You're coming with me today."

"With you? Where?"

Suddenly Endeavor was in the bed on top of me, pinning my hands above my head with one hand. His breath was hot on my neck. "We're going to my office," he whispered, "and you're going to behave." The towel was gone. His knee shoved my legs apart, and I could feel him getting hard. His other hand felt down my side and pulled me closer to him. "We're doing a review of your information so far," he said, biting my shoulder softly, but enough that I felt it. "I want to make sure my associates are filled in and that you answer any questions they have."

"And what if I had plans for today?" I asked, thinking back to Katsuki's visit earlier in the morning and all of the texts I hadn't answered yet, Shinso's in particular.

He let go of me and stood up, grabbing his clothes and getting dressed. "I already told you your plans, now get dressed. Look slutty." He smirked at me. "I want them to see every weapon our spy has in her arsenal."

After a short ride in his SUV, we were at the agency. Riding in his luxury vehicle with the most important hero alive... it made me think about how different my life was before this whole thing started and how far I had come.

Of course, it could all vanish in an instant if I didn't get them the information they wanted. It had only been a few weeks and I didn't have any true leads on the leak at UA, if one even existed.

I had settled on wearing on a long black coat with a hood so I could stay mostly hidden. Under the coat I wore my tight black dress, the same one I had worn the night I met Aizawa. Endeavor was sitting next to me in the back of the SUV, one hand on my thigh.

"I didn't buy you that dress," he said.

"Nope. I'm not sure who you sent shopping, but the clothes that came with my apartment look like they were purchased for my grandma. They're all super loose and cover everything."

"Hm. I'll have new things sent over."

I sighed. "Can't wait."

His hand never left my thigh. As the driver parked the car, Endeavor's fingers dug in to my skin slightly. "It's almost time. Are you going to behave?" he asked, his eyes staring intently into mine. As much as I liked to joke around, there was no doubt that Endeavor had a presence that was intimidating when he stared at me like that. 

"Y-Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, s-sir."

"Good." He patted the inside of my leg but kept his hand there. Fuck. How could someone so hot also be so scary sometimes?

In the building, the second the elevator opened and we walked into the main lobby of his office, Endeavor was instantly hounded by a million people, all needing something. Even though it was the weekend, his office was buzzing with activity.

"Don't go too far," he grumbled to me, before walking away to deal with whatever issue they needed him for at that moment.

While he was talking to his assistants, I decided to wander around a bit. I wouldn't go too far, but I was definitely in the way where I was. Everyone was in such a hurry; they didn't even notice me as I walked around. When we pulled up, I had noticed a roof top terrace on the building, and I knew that a building this tall must have a great view of the city. Thinking that I wouldn't be in the way on the roof, I got back on the elevator and headed to the top.

The terrace didn't disappoint. I felt the wind hitting my face as I looked around at the parks and roads below me, people bustling here and there.

"So you're the little song bird he pays to sing, huh?" a voice behind me said.

I whipped around to see a young man with gorgeous red wings, his arms casually crossed over his chest and a mischievous look in his eye.

"I'm sorry," I said, "what?"

"It's you, right? I'd heard that he had planted someone at UA, but I didn't expect it to be someone who looked like you. He's a smart man, I have to hand it to him. So how much is he paying you?"

I scoffed. "That's rude."

"Ah. So it must be a lot. But the strings attached are probably no fun at all, am I right?"

I turned back around to face the city, not answering his question.

He chuckled. "Look, if you can keep the boss happy, then we're all happy. Before this project, the only other thing I've ever seen him obsess over is his son."

He obsesses... over me? No, over the project. There's a big difference there.

"I'm Hawks."

"I know who you are," I said, and I turned to walk back toward the elevator doors. So much for some peace and quiet on the roof... Hawks was still talking, following me.

"As a good spy would. I'm going to guess you're about 18?" he asked, catching up to me.

I didn't answer.

"I'm also going to guess that your role is to tattle on any secrets the kiddos at UA might have, which probably aren't many. Kinda feels like busy work, doesn't it?"

Silence from me.

"And in exchange for this work, the boss man has given you certain privileges."

Nope, not answering him.

"And he gets certain privileges of his own..."

"Okay, that's enough," I said, turning toward him and backing him against the doors to the elevator. "I don't know you, and you don't know me. Don't begin to assume anything about my life."

Hawks laughed. "All right, fine. I'm sorry. Honestly, they keep me out of most of those meetings, so I know very little about what your role is. Forgive me for trying to get some answers of my own. This is me apologizing. Okay?"

I backed up a little. "Okay."

I pressed the button for the elevator and got in when the doors opened. Hawks put out his hand to stop the doors from closing.

"One last thing, little bird. Are they keeping you at UA or are they letting you have a longer leash?"

"What do you mean?

"I mean, they can't expect you to get all of your information from one place, right? Wouldn't they want you to explore... all possible options?"

"I guess..."

"I might have some friends who could help you. Here's my card. Let me know when you're interested."

"And if I'm not?" I asked, taking the card.

"I think you are," he said. He winked at me and then flew away, right off the roof. As the elevator doors closed, I watched him soar over the city, faster than anything I had seen before. Was he implying that he knew something about the leak? Were his "friends" other heroes on similar missions? If that was the case, why hadn't he just said it? The way he had been so vague made me think that it wasn't just heroes doing hero work, but something else, something more sinister.

I sighed.

That bastard.

I was interested.