Ch. 169 Ending

A/n - it's been a wild ride, folks! This was my first attempt at writing fan fiction, started almost exactly a year ago, and I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it! I'm sad to see this story end, but I want all of you to know how much your comments and feedback have meant to me. I read every single comment, and I hope that this story made your world a little brighter just like your comments did for me :) Much love to all of you! 

------

As soon as I stepped out of my car, I saw him. Dabi was waiting by the stairs they'd put out beside my private jet; his bag resting on the ground next to him.

He lifted his sunglasses when he saw me, his blue eyes twinkling in the sunlight. "Took you long enough," he grinned as I walked toward him.

"Agreed."

"Come here, you."

My arms went around his neck as he kissed me, and he lifted me up, setting me on the bottom step of the staircase leading to the plane.

"Damn, I missed that," he said, finally. "I really get you for a whole month?"

"Yep. I want to check in with Katsuki every day though."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. He made me promise that you'd do that."

"He did?" my mouth dropped open in shock. "You guys... talk?"

"You didn't know that? No one gets to talk to you if it isn't through that bastard."

"Oh," I had to chuckle. "Well, I'm going to tell you upfront that if I miss him too much I'm going to fly him out there."

"You make the rules, little one," he said.

"Damn right I do."

"Um, excuse me, miss y/n?" one of the flight attendants asked. "Are there other bags that need to be loaded?"

"No, I just brought the one," I said, handing my bag to him.

"Same," Dabi said. "Didn't think we'd need a lot of clothes on this trip."

"We definitely don't." I brushed my fingers down his arm, awed by the softness of the new skin.

"You can't stop touching me, can you?" he grinned, and my fingers went to his face, feeling the smooth surface of his cheek and chin.

"I'm just admiring my work." But then I caught a glimpse of the patch of scars on his chest, just under the neckline of his shirt. "Why didn't you let me heal all of it?"

"These remind me of who I was," he said touching the spot on his chest for just a second. Then he moved his hand so that it was pressed against my heart instead. "And now you remind me of who I am."

"Holy shit, you're cheesy as fuck," a voice said behind us.

Both of us turned our heads toward the top of the stairs where we saw Hawks poking his head out the cabin door of the plane.

"I've heard love does crazy things to people," Hawks laughed, "But who knew it would turn Dabi into a total sap?"

"Hawks, what the hell? You are not on my passenger list."

"A whole private jet for two people? Come on, kid, there's room, I can fit. I know you normally like how I fit --"

"I'm going to stop you right there," Dabi shook his head. "You can literally fly yourself wherever you want to go. You don't have to hitch a ride with us."

"Who do I have to decay around here to get this plane to take off?" Tomura muttered, smacking my ass as he walked directly past us and up the stairs into the plane without as much as a glance behind him.