Ch 7. Hide and Seek

It was time to get the game going. Ojiro, Tsu, and Kaminari drew their cards first. It was obvious that Tsu and Ojiro were the two heroes, since they worked together to hunt down Kaminari. They cornered him and it ultimately wasn't hard for Tsu to tie up "villain" Kaminari with her tongue (not that he seemed to mind) and Ojiro put the handcuffs on him.

"The heroes win round one," shouted Midnight, her voice echoing on the speakers throughout the simulation zone.

My team was up next. I drew my card first – in plain letters, my card read, "hero." So this meant either Midoriya or Todoroki was the villain of our group, but which? How could I find out? My best strategy still seemed to hide and let them battle it out. I decided to stay on the outskirts and hope that they didn't find me.

On the edge of simulation area, there was a building that looked like a storefront. I figured it would be better to be inside there than roaming the streets so I pushed on the door to go in. It was locked. I tried one of the store windows, and even though I struggled to lift the window up, I was finally able to hold it up while I climbed in. I had almost finished climbing in when the window crashed down on my leg.

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled, seeing the cuts on my leg from the broken glass. Blood was starting to come out of the wounds. Nothing serious that needed stitches, but there would still be scrapes and cuts. Damn it. Well, it gave me another excuse to sit down and try to wait it out. I sat on the floor in the shop, opening my backpack to look over everything that was inside.

The pair of handcuffs Midnight gave us.

A rope.

My notebook and pen.

My phone.

That was it.

Since I had time to kill, I turned on my phone to see if I had any messages. Nothing from the agency itself, nothing from Katsuki, but I did have a text from Endeavor: "You're one week in. We're not paying you to hang out with your friends so this week better have been productive. You will see me this weekend."

"No, thank you," I replied and then turned my phone off. That should go over well.

I was contemplating what I had gotten myself into when suddenly Shoto kicked open the front door of the shop and stepped into the room. He looked down at me sitting on the floor.

"I am the villain," he pronounced.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Todoroki, that's not how this works."

"Oh, sorry. I mean, I am not the villain."

I groaned.

I needed to think fast or else I was about to get handcuffed and lose.

Even though the idea of Todoroki handcuffing me didn't sound like the worst thing ever....

"Look, I'll make a deal with you," I said. "You only have to capture one hero to win, right? So how about you don't capture me, and I'll help you get Deku."

He considered this for a moment. "Why would I do that when you're right here?"

"But where's the glory in capturing the easy prey? What type of hero goes after the poor quirkless girl?" Please work please work please work.

He was thinking about it, I could tell.

"And look, I'm injured," I said pointing to the broken glass and blood on my leg.

"Fine," he said.

Yes!

He already had a plan to capture Midoriya that involved luring him in to one of the buildings in the area, so it was easy to work in the bait. Namely, me. We quickly discussed how it was going to run and then went our separate ways. It was go time.