Ch. 29 Come Up With Me

I took a deep breath, got out, and leaned against the car door. At this point all I could do was hope that my body was enough to prevent Shinso from seeing Aizawa inside the car.

Standing in front of me, Shinso loosened his tie. Damn, I could stare at him in that tux every day and not get tired of it. There was something about the neatness of the suit in contrast to the messiness of his hair that was crazy sexy. He was out of breath, which meant he must have run all the way out here. I said a little prayer of thanks that he hadn't made it out here a few minutes earlier.

"I'm glad I caught you before you left," he said, reaching out and taking my hand. "The guys in your class told me what your car looked like so I came out here looking for you."

"Yeah, I don't know what just happened but I felt like I should probably go."

"Were you going to tell me? Just going to vanish again?"

I felt a pang of guilt, for more than one reason. "I'm sorry, I just walked out so fast when the lights went out. I wasn't thinking."

He started to tell me about how once the lights went out, everyone pretty much went on alert to figure out what was going on. When they suddenly came back on, they decided to end things early just in case, given everything that's been happening lately with Endeavor's office.

At least I'm pretty sure that's what Shinso said, since I was too busy trying my best to use my back to block his view into the car. "That sounds... smart" was all I could say. I wasn't sure if that answer even made sense since I hadn't been really listening.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded my head. So much for me trying to be less obvious. "So.. uh.. A bunch of people are going to do karaoke instead. I don't sing, but if it means extra time with you, then I wouldn't mind going."

I was just about to answer him when I heard the door on the other side of the car slam shut.

Fuucckkkk.

"Aizawa-sensei," Shinso said, obviously confused at seeing his teacher getting out of my car.

"He was going to see that I got home safe," I said quickly.

"Oh. He doesn't have to do that. I'll just ride with you and walk home later. That is," he said, looking behind me to Aizawa, "if it's all right with you, sir."

Looking over my shoulder at Aizawa, I smiled meekly. "Is that okay with you... sir?"

To his credit, Aizawa's face was completely blank and devoid of emotion. I knew he had heard our conversation, and he definitely saw that Shinso was holding my hand. But the man who had just been cursing and groaning while I sucked his dick only a few minutes ago was all business now.

It was dark, and I doubted that Shinso would pick up on it, but I could see fire in Aizawa's eyes, despite his cool outward appearance.

To us, however, Aizawa simply nodded his head before turning to walk away. "Y/n, I will follow up with you... later."

I shivered, imagining what devious punishments he might think up between now and "later."

"Get in," I said, turning to Shinso, since I wanted to get in the car and away from Aizawa for the moment. "Where's this karaoke place?"

About thirty minutes later I was crammed with a few of my classmates in a booth in a crowded bar, while drunk people badly sang karaoke on the stage. Most of the class had trickled in, including a few that I was surprised had been convinced to come.

To my surprise, Endeavor had called while we were in the car riding to the bar. Obviously I couldn't answer my phone, so I'd texted him back. He wasn't happy about me leaving, so I told him to ask Hawks if he wanted to know more.