Ch. 135 Toga Meets The Crew

"Hey, girl, hey!" Toga shouted as she bounced toward us. She immediately wrapped her arms around me, pulling me out from Shoto's arms completely. "I got so excited when I saw you in the pic my little Pikachu sent me!"

"Your little what..." I heard Mina say behind me, muffling a laugh.

"Hey, Toga," I said hugging her back. "Please don't stab my friend, okay?"

"Aw, I won't hurt him," she smiled over to Kaminari. "Much."

"See? Isn't she great?" Kaminari tossed Aizawa's keys to me so he could scoot over to Toga. "You're driving back, right, y/n? You know, in case I need to stay," he said, signaling to me with his eyes that he hoped he'd be staying with Toga.

"Uh... I don't know how to drive."

"Oh. I just assumed you'd driven his car."

"Dude."

"Oh well. It's okay, I didn't know how to drive either. But apparently I'm pretty good at it, I have to say."

I started to respond but just let it go and put the keys in my pocket. I didn't care about who was driving, I had something else, someone else, on my mind.

Toga and Kaminari were right in front of me so I tried to lean around them to see what Dabi was doing. But he wasn't behind them anymore. My eyes quickly searched the room. Where had he gone? I know he had seen us.

"And you, too!" Toga said to Shoto. "Long time no see! I heard Shiggy pushed you off the roof. Sorry about that, cutie," she reached up and pinched Shoto's cheeks, his face instantly turning pink. "I was just following orders. Seems like it all worked out though."

"Oh. Okay. I guess," Shoto said.

His hand found mine and held it tightly. I could tell he was torn between being polite and realizing that he was talking to a known villain, one who had kidnapped him in fact. He definitely wasn't used to this weird gray area where someone like Toga might actually be a friend.

Toga, for her part, had no problem opening up and being friendly, as usual.

"Are you in love with Y/n, too?" Toga asked him.

"Too? Um, in addition to whom?" Shoto asked.

"Because you two look super cute together. In fact, you look a lot like -"

"Toga. We brought alcohol," I interrupted. "Where's the kitchen?"

"Sorry! Follow me. Stay close because there are a lot of weirdos here tonight."

The five of us followed Toga down the hall to a little kitchen. I tried to hang back just a little and kept my eyes open for any sign of Dabi, but I didn't see him anywhere.

By the time I made it to the kitchen, Toga had already moved on, and Shinso was her next target. "Hey, you, I haven't seen you at the office lately."

As all eyes turned to Shinso, I couldn't help but smile smugly. I calmly started making drinks and pretended to have no idea what she was talking about. After what he did earlier in the liquor store, I couldn't wait to see how he was going to get himself out of this one, and I sure as hell wasn't going to help.

"You guys know each other too, Shinso?" Kaminari asked, taking his drink from me and getting one for Toga. "You guys have worked together?"

"So did you quit or something?" Toga asked Shinso innocently, but he only stared back expressionless.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Toga wasn't letting it go. "I'm talking about work. You haven't been there. Or have you just been spending more time with Y/n here and keeping her from me, hm?"