Ch. 139 Busted

"Toga isn't really a villain, right?" Kaminari asked me as we walked to Aizawa's cabin.

"And if she is?"

"I don't think I could date a villain. We're heroes. We're not allowed to do that... are we?"

"Denki. I'm not the right person to talk to about this."

"Yes, you are. You've hooked up with a villain before, haven't you?"

"Uh, you were in the room when Toga and I..."

"I don't mean her. When you being held by the League. You were with them all that time and nothing happened?"

I stopped walking and glared at him. "Look, I don't have to help you right now, you know."

"I'm sorry! I was just curious. Really. There's no one else I can talk to about this. Please help me. What if I really like her?"

Looking at that pitiful face, I couldn't stay mad long.

"I'm trying to say this gently, Denki, but I'm not sure that you should catch feelings after one night."

"Do you think she likes me?"

"I mean..." I shrugged. "Maybe?"

"You're right," he sighed sadly. "Toga and I are just two star crossed lovers, I suppose."

"Yeah... something like that."

Thankfully we made it to Aizawa's cabin a few seconds later. We decided to wait outside the cabin for a few minutes, just to make sure he wasn't in there.

"Was it fun, being with them?" Kaminari asked while we waited. "Being a villain?"

"I wasn't a villain. But... yes. It was at times. They sort of do whatever they want."

Kaminari seemed to contemplate that for a minute. "I could be a villain," he said finally.

"The dangerously sexy villain Chargebolt," I teased. "You've already got the dark jacket and choker thing going for you."

"You think I'm sexy?"

"Sure," I said rolling my eyes. "But seriously, you'd really give up being a hero and everything for a girl?" 

Kaminari didn't hesitate. "If it was for true love, yes." 

Damn. I was sort of impressed. Would I have said the same thing?

"So which villain did you hook up with?" he asked. And now I was no longer impressed. 

"Don't worry," Kaminari said. "I won't tell anyone. I know how to keep secrets."

"You literally do not."

To avoid continuing that conversation, I checked my texts while we waited. I had a couple from last night and this morning that I hadn't responded to. I groaned when I saw one from Overhaul. 

Kai: I don't like being ignored.

I'd forgotten to call him back yesterday, so I figured he was probably the first one I should respond to. 

Y/n: Sorry they are just working us really hard here. I hardly have even a spare minute with all this training. Sorry.

He immediately responded, like I knew he would.

Kai: I can only tolerate your bad behavior for so long.

Kai: While you're playing at school, I've been working hard for us. I have several investors who want to meet you next week.