Ch. 131 Kissing in the Rain

"Um, y/n?" Uraraka asked as we trudged through the woods to our cabin.

"Yeah?"

"You really have Deku carrying your suitcase for you?"

"Yep. What about it?"

Once off the bus, they had given us our cabin assignments, and we were currently headed into the woods to find our homes for the week. Girl cabins were on the opposite side of the campus from the boys, and I was sharing a cabin with Mina, Uraraka, and Momo. 

"Nothing," she said, glancing back over her shoulder at him. Mine wasn't a light suitcase, but Deku was proudly carrying it as if it was a special trophy. "Just... why?"

"I helped him out with something earlier so he owed me a favor."

"Oh," she nodded. "Okay. Like homework or something? Deku!" she yelled back at him. Before I could stop her, she sent her bag floating back to him. "Here's another one! I'll do whatever y/n did if you carry this, too."

"Oh, girl, no," I started to say.

"Really?" I heard Deku say behind us when he caught her bag.

I just chuckled and shook my head. Too late to do anything about that now.

When we walked into the cabin, the first thing I noticed was that it was just one big room with four beds which meant we'd all be sleeping in the same room together.

"Yeah, this isn't going to work," I complained aloud to no one in particular.

"It's not that bad!" Uraraka said as she threw her bag down on one of the beds. "At least it's not a tent."

"It's not... great, but each cabin does have its own bathroom and shower," Momo added. She was already unpacking her three suitcases onto an expensive looking comforter she had draped across her bed.

"It's like a sleepover!" Mina shouted. "This is going to be so much fun!"

"Yeah, okay," I admitted, "I get that, but still..."

After I unpacked, we had a little time to kill and I decided to go see if I could find Katsuki and get this over with. I knew that my outbursts only stemmed from my own hurt feelings, and I was definitely just taking it out on him. I needed to grow up and go talk to him.

The boy cabins weren't too far away, but it was still a little walk through the woods to get there. I heard thunder as I left my cabin, and I wondered how long it would be before it started to rain. There was a definite possibility that I might get trapped at their cabins during the thunderstorm. Oh well. Worse things had happened.

I'd walked a couple minutes when I heard leaves crunching behind me. Maybe it was a squirrel? It was just a hunch, or maybe my own anxiety surrounding camping, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I wasn't alone, that I was being followed.

Hearing more thunder in the distance, I started walking a little faster, taking bigger steps, listening closely to the sound of leaves and sticks breaking under my feet.

Raindrops began to fall, making it even harder to tell what I was hearing. Was I only hearing the leaves under my own feet or was that someone else behind me in the woods? Was it just rain hitting the trees over me? Or was that the wind? Unsure, I walked faster.

No. It sounded like someone behind me. If I walked fast enough, I assumed, I should be able to get to the boy cabins pretty quickly. I could run but..

Lightning cracked overhead, loud enough to make me stop under a tree and cover my ears. I opened my eyes to rain coming through the trees above me, and just at that moment, two hands covered my own. I instantly jumped, but they held me firm.