Ch. 156 Let Me Have You 🍋

A/n  - I was reading the My Hero: Team Up Missions book this weekend, and when I saw this panel I knew I had to save it! 😍😍😍😍😍

Muttering every curse word I could think of, I tried to feel around for my phone on my bedside table without opening my eyes, but it seemed just out of reach

Muttering every curse word I could think of, I tried to feel around for my phone on my bedside table without opening my eyes, but it seemed just out of reach. Was this a metaphor for my life?

If my alarm didn't stop beeping I was going to throw the damn phone off the balcony.  

But as I started to wake up, I wondered -  was my alarm going off or was my phone ringing? Either way it was equally annoying. I tried to smash it with my hand, but a few minutes later it was going off again.

Opening one eye I saw light coming through the balcony door so that meant it was morning which meant...

Oh shit. School. That's right. I had school today. It felt like only moments ago I had been with...

Shigaraki.

I sat up quickly. Too quickly because everything hurt and I had to flop back down on my bed. Where was Shigaraki? Had he wandered out of UA on his own? Shit!

The building was still intact, so at least there was that. Yay for all of us still being alive!

The last thing I remembered was me sitting on his back, my hands on his shoulders and then...

Well, damn. Guess I needed to practice total body healing a little more, that must be why I felt so sore and tired today.

My phone rang again, but this time I grabbed it and groaned when I saw the caller ID.

"Good morning," I said to Kai when I answered the phone.

"Did my beautiful pet sleep well last night?"

Pet? I resisted the urge to vomit at this new nickname before answering him.

"I slept like a rock, actually."

"Who slept like a rock?"

"I did."

"No," he said, sounding as if he were talking to a five year old. "Try that again."

"Oh.. um... your... pet?... did." Ugh, this was so gross. "Anyway, am I seeing you today?"

"There's been a change of plans," he said, sounding distracted. "Go to school and I will come get you this afternoon."

"I have to go to school? I thought I was spending the day with you." I hoped that my whining sounded real enough.

"Oh?" he asked. "Are you disappointed?"

About having to go to school, yeah.

"Of course I am."

"I'm pleased that you're finally coming around. I have an unexpected meeting this morning, but I'll make time for you later. Be ready this afternoon."