2 | Indiana - Files

Did you know that you could be wrong
And swear you're right

I peeled open my eyes to instantly be hit with bright light and a pounding headache

I peeled open my eyes to instantly be hit with bright light and a pounding headache. A heavy arm was draped across my stomach.

Flashes of last night started to race through my mind making me groan. It was boring to say the least. It did distract me for a bit, so I can't complain.

I needed to go home, I couldn't be here if he woke up, that'd be so awkward. I don't usually stay the night with my one night stands but I was too tired to drive home last night. Plus his bed was comfortable.

I pulled away from whatever his name was as quietly as I could and out of the bed, making him stir around but never waking up. I tiptoed around pulling my clothes together and grabbing my phone.

Checking the time I realized it was 8:00, I'm usually up pretty early so this wasn't a big deal for me. I did need aspirin though.

I made my way quickly out of his apartment to never see him again. Finally reaching my car, getting in and slamming the door shut. It was only 8 am but I was already in a bad mood. I rested my elbows on the steering wheel with my head in my hands. I had so much shit to do.

I checked my phone to see River had texted me letting me know she had made it home safely, and Hugo had emailed me a file with what I am assuming is everything I need for my new job.

I clicked on the file just to see a very long, and very boring document. I would do it later, right now I just wanted to go home and get clean.

I started my drive home, sitting in silence because it wasn't the time for music. It was heavier traffic than normal, only making me more annoyed.

When I got to my apartment the first thing I wanted to do was shower. I peeled off my uncomfortable clothes from last night, throwing them in the dirty laundry. I turned on the shower, making sure it was the perfect temperature and wiped off my makeup.

I didn't wear makeup often, and when I did it was simple. Makeup was a hassle and I didn't understand why it was a beauty standard.

Once the shower finally reached the right temperature, I stepped in feeling my muscles instantly relax.

After getting lost in thought for 30 minutes I got out and quickly slipped on a hoodie and shorts. Heating up leftover food I had made, I grabbed my laptop and sat at the kitchen counter. Running through my emails quickly to see if I had missed anything, I noticed I had a deposit from my last job.

Working in the mafia paid very well. It wasn't a typical job but it worked for me. I enjoyed the thrill of it. If my parents saw I ended up like this they would probably disown me.

Going back to the file from Hugo, I decided I should get ahead and read it now. Opening it with a click and it taking me to a new document.

"Why is this so damn long, Jesus" I muttered to myself because I needed to read the 66 pages and very detailed document in front of me.