42 | Harry - Truth

Don't tell me it's over, 'cause I don't want to believe
'Cause now I've opened my eyes and I have found a way to breathe
The truth sets me free

Don't tell me it's over, 'cause I don't want to believe'Cause now I've opened my eyes and I have found a way to breatheThe truth sets me free

"I need to tell you the truth." Her words echoed through my head and my stomach dropped.

I know everyone keeps something to themselves, and I didn't want her to tell me until she was ready. It can't be that bad, so I didn't want to push her into something.

Or maybe it's because you're scared of the truth.

I won't admit it, but I am. I'm confused and lost in emotion lately, and she's been the only constant in my life. I won't leave her, I promised her.

I'm just scared for what could come out of her mouth. I'm scared I let someone use me once again, and gave myself up for someone who didn't want me for me.

She wouldn't do that though, she's opened her heart to me and shown a different side of her. Just like I've shown her part of the real me.

I'm hiding stuff from her too, she doesn't know about all of my past and trauma. She doesn't know half the shit my father had done or what I have done. But is the truth different than hiding something?

There is a very fine line between the two, and both are morally wrong. Lying is telling someone something different than what the truth is, where as hiding something is just partially or completely hiding it.

Everyone does it, I'm sure there is not one person on this planet that hasn't done it. Just at what point does it cross the line between something small, and something altering?

"Are you sure?" I spoke up as I sat down slowly on the bed placed in the middle of the hotel. "I can explain everything. I think we should wait till the morning, you need a doctor."

She is hurt, I can tell. Indiana is trying to put on a brave face and mask her problems like she always does to help other people.

Her body is bruised and broken, the blood covering her body says it all. She has a cut along her forehead, on top of cuts on both of her arms and her thigh. It made a chill go down my spine, it was wounds from knives.

"No, Harry." She said as she sat down on the bed next to me, grabbing my hand to caress her thumb over it. "I can explain everything."

"What do you mean you can explain everything?" I was confused and watched as her face dropped, she is really nervous, I can tell. "This is my fault."

I'm confused, I feel like I'm missing something major. I know I don't know how to handle things, but I'm just confused now. I don't know how she would be able to explain everything that's happened, it just doesn't make sense.

"No it's not, Harry." Indiana's words were slow and she took a deep breath, making her chest shake before she spoke again. "I've been lying to you."