25 | Indiana - Breakfast

If we don't touch lips not an issue
I don't wanna talk 'bout nobody else

"How about we go get some breakfast?" I asked shyly as we walked towards the car

"How about we go get some breakfast?" I asked shyly as we walked towards the car. "It's on me."

We had sat at the beach watching the sunrise for a couple of hours after everything that happened this morning. I don't know what happened or what he was going through, but the terrorizing screams that were ripping through his lungs this morning stabbed a part of me so deep that I didn't know existed.

He sounded like he was in so much pain, and it was as is if someone was actually hurting him right then and there. He was mumbling in his sleep at first which I ignored, but then it just got louder and louder as he was shaking the bed with his sobs.

I heard him say something about knives and begging someone not to hurt him, but it wasn't my place to ask him about it. I felt helpless just sitting next to him watching that. I tried to wake him once I realized what was happening, but he just wouldn't snap out of it. It reminded me so much of what happens to me, and it made me sad to see him in that state.

He seemed so embarrassed and I really didn't care, I just wanted to be there for him and help him. I know why he felt that way though, if he saw me like that I would also be so embarrassed. I was so relieved when he actually listened to me rant and stayed when I told him I knew where he was going.

I don't understand why it bothers me so much when he takes drugs. He's one of my enemies for fucks sake. He could die for all I care, but there was a part of me that felt responsible for him. For all the boys. I was getting attached to this job which was fucking stupid and I really needed to distance myself from the boys personally. After Hawaii I will be back to my old self and stick to the job.

"Yeah that'd be nice." He said as he ran his hand over the back of his neck as I unlocked the car.

"I think I saw a small little diner on the way here." I smiled as I got into the car. I looked around as cars were starting to fill the parking lot. Families and couples ready to spend their days worth here in the sun and playing in the ocean.

We sat in silence most of the time we were at the beach, just taking in the company of each other. He was really shaken up and I know how hard this must have been for him, especially because I was there when it happened. I was going to try my best to help him cheer up and show him I didn't care. Well I did care, but I didn't care that he had one in front of me.

"Thank you for bringing me here." I heard his soft voice interrupt my thoughts. It was so much quieter and vulnerable than it normally is. "I don't really know what to say, I've never really been in a situation like this."

"Now you know how I felt the other night," I joked, make a small smile appear on his face before he quickly frowned again. "Seriously, it's the least I could do. I'm glad you enjoyed it."